Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Notable differences between the 2014 - 2015 Mirage

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    That's because the long whip up front caused a noise at high speeds that sounded like a faint wind-chime, especially when positioned too vertically.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

CVT changes?

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiQ View Post
    yes my 2015 version has black seats and the passenger seat can also adjust in the same way the driver seat can be adjusted. Also they told me there was extra sound dampening. The CVT has indeed a L and D + Ds and the Letters are lighting up when you have your lights on. Black luxury fabric + all points m4v3r1ck wrote.

If someone can tell me where to look for the motor mounts and in what way they changed it I can check that with my car in daylight
    I read somewhere on the internet (cannot remember where, actually) that the CVT of the Mirage got a bigger range in the 2015 model compared to earlier years. Has anyone information on that?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The top of my list for the newer Mirage's is what have they done to address the suspension issues? Stiffer springs, shocks, sway bars? I can live with rest of issues with cvt, engine vibration, and pop noise going over some bumps. Maybe in the near future we can upgrade our 2014's. Maybe if we cross-reference parts numbers we can see if there are any changes other than what we can feel on a drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Well, ultra racing makes a rear sway bar. There is even a group buy going on right now here where you can buy one for a good discount here:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ssis-Bars-LIVE!

Here is also some guys trying to figure where to get stiffer rear shocks:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...w-rear-shocks)

And, there are already a few manufacturers of stiffer springs for the Mirage.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks but I already have the bar installed on mine. It's a must have for any mirage owner. But... I still want to improve the front without dropping it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2015 es with about 8500 miles on it. After about 3k miles it became much smoother and avg mpg went up. So far max reached is 49.6 mpg. This car seems to get better the longer I drive it. My daughter calls it a Tardis cause it's bigger on the inside. Great car, but it does have 1 glaring problem. The blind spot on the drivers side caused by the position/size of the headrests. Takes a driver with a bit of experience to overcome it. Would not recommend for a young driver. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    hey guys, what was that rubber thing on the engine mount's purpose?

the one screwed on top?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

blind spot

Quote Originally Posted by badjackdk View Post
    I have a 2015 es with about 8500 miles on it. After about 3k miles it became much smoother and avg mpg went up. So far max reached is 49.6 mpg. This car seems to get better the longer I drive it. My daughter calls it a Tardis cause it's bigger on the inside. Great car, but it does have 1 glaring problem. The blind spot on the drivers side caused by the position/size of the headrests. Takes a driver with a bit of experience to overcome it. Would not recommend for a young driver. Has anyone else noticed this ?
    No, I have not noticed. But I adjust my rear view mirror in such a way that everyting that is close to the side of the car can be seen.