Thread: Mitsubishi Motors Thailand has exported two million cars around the world

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Motors Thailand has exported two million cars around the world

Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh) just celebrated the fact that it now has exported two million cars around the world since the company started production in Thailand in 1988.

Here are a few extracts from the MMTh press release:

"Mitsubishi Motors Thailand has just achieved exported the Thai-made vehicle to worldwide for 2 millions units in late February, both Completed Build Unit (CBU) and Completed Knock-down Unit (CKD). The 1.7 Millions CBU include passenger car (Lancer, Mirage) 95,726 units, 1 Ton Pickup (Strada, L200, Triton) 1,436,146 units and PPV (Pajero Sport) 181,464 units, while the CKD is about 300,000 sets. The CBU mainly exported to ASEAN country, Middle East, Europe, Africa and Australia while the CKD mainly exported to Latin America which most is pickup".

"Throughout the 25 years that MMTh has exported Mitsubishi vehicles to more than 140 countries worldwide, the production standard and Thai technician skill are accepted and trusted. In Japan, which located the mother company, we also import Mitsubishi Mirage and receive the good response from Japanese customers".

If you want to read the complete report:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/e...tedtoTheWorld’

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-26-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    That is a lot of vehicles. And, to think Mitsu isn't even that big of an OEM... wow.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for posting that, talldino.

Have you ever done this much research into the "industrial/business" background of a car you've had before?

I currently have a car which was built in a Canadian factory a few hundred km from where I live, so I know a little bit about the manufacturing history of that place. But that's the only one I've researched.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Once upon a time I was a professional researcher, that's probably why I can't stop doing it...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)