Thread: 13" tires fit fine

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

13" tires fit fine

While I was pretty sure there wouldn't be a problem, today I found out for sure that we can run 13" tires on the Mirage and clear the brakes and such. I swapped on a set of winter tires I had from a Civic, 13x5.5" rims with @38mm offset, 4x100mm bolt pattern, with Winterhandler 175/70R13 tires and they fit just like the originals. I had planned on swapping the tires over to a nicer set of aftermarket rims I have but they were already mounted and balanced so I gave it a shot. Specs on the tires are almost exactly the same diameter as stock, but much, much better in the snow.

Ride is not half bad either, pretty much the same except the better traction seems to keep the suspension from moving around quite as much, maybe. I've been planning all along to run 13's on the car after the stock tires wear out and I'm still going to go with that.

So far so good, though I'm scratching my head as to why after 3 individual trips, all with engine stops and starts, the TPMS light hasn't come on steady yet. Pretty much same as always, on for a second or so when the car starts then it blips off. I don't remember these wheels having sensors, and I certainly didn't program anything, so it seems like there's every reason for the light to be on. I'm not complaining, just curious.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, I've been running Civic VX wheels on mine since I bought it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldopelguy View Post
    So far so good, though I'm scratching my head as to why after 3 individual trips, all with engine stops and starts, the TPMS light hasn't come on steady yet. Pretty much same as always, on for a second or so when the car starts then it blips off. I don't remember these wheels having sensors, and I certainly didn't program anything, so it seems like there's every reason for the light to be on. I'm not complaining, just curious.
    Do you park near the tires? If you park near where the summer tires with TPMS are stored ... it's possible that it's picking them up and not realizing they aren't on the car.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I noticed this too. I do not park where my tires are stored.

Havent gotten a light yet. I am on new steelies.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried 155 80R13?

Or ... 145 65r15 ... like the imiev?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the mirage with 155/80R13 Kumho Solus KR21 tires on Honda civic VX wheels:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  88.9 KB

I went back to the stock steel 14s because my MPGs went down with this combo.
    Last edited by fifteenwindow; 01-23-2015 at 01:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think that size would do well in the snow for snow tires.