Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I trade my Fiesta for a Mirage? (and mod for more power?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Buy a Mirage!!!!!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I think I will be doing this, it may take me a bit to revert my fiesta back to stock, this includes ordering some dealership parts that I have hacked up and drilled holes in. But hopefully by march I will be in a new mirage!

Kinda sad that the 2015 don't come in kiwi green.. I may have to go white or red. The blue looks too casual, the plasma purple isn't my style. I live beside a sand pit and work beside a rail-yard so black would be nearly impossible to keep dust off. And the silver and grey are boring.

So I will stay active on this form until the purchase of my new car. Here is a list of future mods:

-Buy car
    -Tell them to trash the warranty and not call me for services
    -Coilovers / stut bars ect
    -15 or 16 inch lightweight rims with good offset
    -Very sticky tires
    -Cut off muffler and add a high-flow resinator
    -headers /replace stock exhaust with the same piping just stainless 1.5" and a tip
    -Broadband 02 sensor / guage
    -Speedlab S/C kit with unichip
    -Install water / methanol kit (using only distilled water until I dyno it) (This will prevent me from blowing my engine with high compression and high levels of boost)
    -Go dyno it over and over with water and meth until we can squeeze every drop out of that S/C (use cold weather windsheild washer and gas-line antifreeze. for under 5$ you can get tons more power out of your engine, even on a N/A motor)
    -Race seats / remove rear seats / remove spare tire and level out floor with custom frame and false carpeted floor.
    -Buy spare engine, start the tear down (i'll take lots of pictures of every step and internals along with measurements so we can source forged internals.)
    -Send engine to the machine shop and get a possible bore and port and polish the head. Buy 11:1 or 12:1 pistons (may go higher later).
    -Rebuild machined engine from the ground up with higher rated internals. (anyone know if there is an aftermarket set of cams yet? My bet will be thailand or europe will have some first. If not I will get a set custom made (at a steep price... I may be able to get a group buy)
    -Stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, get transmission gears hardened with better final gear (may look for a whole new gear set if I can find some that fit.)
    - big brake kit & possible rear disk conversion with braided stainless lines
    - possible intercooler to assist the water / meth
    -copper low profile head gasket (easy to have made at a machine shop)
    - new slim radiator with fans
    -Carbon fiber hatch
    -start on visual mods

This should be interesting!

It's funny to see someone deciding to swap the Fiesta 1.0t for a Mirage so soon after another member decided to go the other direction!

Thread: Mirage ES vs Ford Fiesta SFE 1.0 3 Cylinder Hatchback

Welcome to the forum! What part of the great white north are you in?

And NO GREEN FOR 2015??? Seriously?? That bites if it's true. That colour has so much personality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

ACK! Confirmed - no green on the 2015 Canadian specs. Much sadness ensues.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/e...spx?archived=0

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    This should be interesting!

It's funny to see someone deciding to swap the Fiesta 1.0t for a Mirage so soon after another member decided to go the other direction!

Thread: Mirage ES vs Ford Fiesta SFE 1.0 3 Cylinder Hatchback

Welcome to the forum! What part of the great white north are you in?

And NO GREEN FOR 2015??? Seriously?? That bites if it's true. That colour has so much personality.
    I'm in new brunswick, right on the atlantic ocean.

I'd say stock vs stock the fiesta 1.0 beats the mirage in almost every aspect other than the company who makes it. What other car can you buy for under 30,000$ jump in with hubcaps stock tires and stock suspension and drive it as hard as you can throwing it into every corner you can find on twisty back roads. The car responds so well to this, it feels like it wants you to abuse it every second you are in it. It honestly feels like an under-powered WRC wanna-be right off the showroom floor.

But with a few mods just about any car can have upgraded handling. I plan to make a auto-cross car out of a mirage within a year hopefully. Depending on how well it does I may make it into a rallycross car. Or if it doesn't respond well to ca track then I will at least have a fun supercharged daily driver that looks sporty. Since i'm sure it has better mpg than my current daily driver.

My top vision for this car is around 150whp, I think with how light it is plus with the low drag this will be more than enough to compete against much more powerful cars.

I am pretty sad that the 2015s don't come in green, I think their color array needs to be bright and sporty. Have a nice bright yellow, a fiery orange, a candy apple red, neon green, electric lazor blue, pearl white, jet black with red metalic flakes, and maybe a cinnamon brown

Also I doubt any of you are into weight reduction on these cars but I can do small carbon fiber projects for the community. I think I will be doing my own hatch but this involves buying a spare hatch to use as a mold and busting the window out, And this would be awkward to ship something as large as a hatch or a bonnet especially across customs. But as for side mirror caps, door pillar covers, fog light housings or blanks, or anything else like that I would do. I think I will do my fenders, hatch, bonette and maybe even rocker panels to help with rust. From experience, even my cars that never see winter eventually somehow start to develop surface rust. Maybe it's the salt in the air from the ocean.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Green is still available in the good ol U S of A

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Messy Mitsu View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I think I will be doing this, it may take me a bit to revert my fiesta back to stock, this includes ordering some dealership parts that I have hacked up and drilled holes in. But hopefully by march I will be in a new mirage!

Kinda sad that the 2015 don't come in kiwi green.. I may have to go white or red. The blue looks too casual, the plasma purple isn't my style. I live beside a sand pit and work beside a rail-yard so black would be nearly impossible to keep dust off. And the silver and grey are boring.

So I will stay active on this form until the purchase of my new car. Here is a list of future mods:

-Buy car
    -Tell them to trash the warranty and not call me for services
    -Coilovers / stut bars ect
    -15 or 16 inch lightweight rims with good offset
    -Very sticky tires
    -Cut off muffler and add a high-flow resinator
    -headers /replace stock exhaust with the same piping just stainless 1.5" and a tip
    -Broadband 02 sensor / guage
    -Speedlab S/C kit with unichip
    -Install water / methanol kit (using only distilled water until I dyno it) (This will prevent me from blowing my engine with high compression and high levels of boost)
    -Go dyno it over and over with water and meth until we can squeeze every drop out of that S/C (use cold weather windsheild washer and gas-line antifreeze. for under 5$ you can get tons more power out of your engine, even on a N/A motor)
    -Race seats / remove rear seats / remove spare tire and level out floor with custom frame and false carpeted floor.
    -Buy spare engine, start the tear down (i'll take lots of pictures of every step and internals along with measurements so we can source forged internals.)
    -Send engine to the machine shop and get a possible bore and port and polish the head. Buy 11:1 or 12:1 pistons (may go higher later).
    -Rebuild machined engine from the ground up with higher rated internals. (anyone know if there is an aftermarket set of cams yet? My bet will be thailand or europe will have some first. If not I will get a set custom made (at a steep price... I may be able to get a group buy)
    -Stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, get transmission gears hardened with better final gear (may look for a whole new gear set if I can find some that fit.)
    - big brake kit & possible rear disk conversion with braided stainless lines
    - possible intercooler to assist the water / meth
    -copper low profile head gasket (easy to have made at a machine shop)
    - new slim radiator with fans
    -Carbon fiber hatch
    -start on visual mods
    visit nengun.com with keyword mirage A05A (search button) you might love JDM parts :P

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd like the 1.0 Ecoboost in my Mirage. THAT would be sweet.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't think the mirage in stock form would hold up to the spirited powerband of the 1.0 ecoboost. You would need better brakes, tighter suspension, better tires, possibly better handling depending on how aggressive you drive it. None the less I will be running boost on my mirage when I get it, I just think overall a supercharger with high compression would be more ideal than a turbo for me. I know a turbo for this car wouldn't lag much but it is not a steady flow of power. I want it to be right under my foot at all times when im doing autocross seeing as i'll be in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on how fast each gear will take me.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    visit nengun.com with keyword mirage A05A (search button) you might love JDM parts :P
    I tried looking for this but I could not find the mirage A05A from a search within the site. A google search of the website name and keywords pulled up a few items like a damaged JDM headlight but nothing noteworthy. Maybe you could give me a better link?