Thread: Tpms sensor replacement help

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks

Tpms sensor replacement help

Anyone had to replace a broken tpms sensor I got a flat and i used the oem supplied tire sealant I drove to a tire store and got a new tire but the tpms warning never turned off, yesterday I went to the dealer for my oil change and asked them to check the tpms, they said the sensor is broken and told me sir you are not supposed to use tire sealants on tpms equipped vehicles because they cause damage to the sensors. Long story short is the sensor is not covered by the warranty and the stealership wants $234 for the replacement sensor and labor anyone knows a cheaper way to fix it. Right now I have a piece of tape on the light but I want to fix it.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    some tire websites (not sure about any within your country) will sell the tpms along with a tire, many such as tirerack.com can be reasoned with to sell them separately and plus a learning tool so you can do it yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Messy Mitsu For This Useful Post:

Jcpr (12-21-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I was afraid for this, We are getting a flat tire set and no spare wheel. In the manual it s saying that you may not use the liquid when you get a flat tire :-(. Strange it is when a mitsu is sold with a flat tireset you can not use without damaging your sensor?

mayby you can look here, for an cheaper alternative:

Ebay search TPMS sensors

I cannot find in the manual the type sensor Mitsu is using.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)