Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warranty Transfer used Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    I got it well.... I do work at the dealer so i am guessing i got every thing for really good prices. so i dont have my paper work in front of me but i got it for like $900.00. I am think to the public it would prob be like $1,200-$1,500 but that is a platinum coverage. so it covers everything but wear items.
    That sounds about right. I bought the Diamondcare Platinum Extended Warranty also. $1200.00 for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    so ya i went thru Mitsubishi with the warranty. I know they maid the minimum on me. 1200 is pretty good for coverage tho.
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dontee For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2016),inuvik (02-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    Also if your buying from a Mitsubishi Dealer you know they are going to the right thing with the car not just sweep the problems under the carpet per-say.
    Except for the rear axle misalignment problem...

At least some dealerships are trying their best.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have literally called mitsubishi canada and they have told me that the whole warranty is still valid. I'm about to buy a used Mirage. Does anyone have info on this?

Good question. Are you looking at a private sale or through a dealer? That may be a key difference. Did you explicitly ask about both cases?

Related thread: Mitsu: new certified pre-owned car program ... transferrable original 10 yr warranty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Good question. Are you looking at a private sale or through a dealer? That may be a key difference. Did you explicitly ask about both cases?

Related thread: Mitsu: new certified pre-owned car program ... transferrable original 10 yr warranty
    I asked if the warranties were transferable and the representative said yes. She said nothing of the certified program or anything. How strange.

It is through a dealer, but not necessarily a mitsubishi dealer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com. If you visit the website - have your VIN ready - you can register your Mirage and view all the work done on it under warranty, as well as, see the remaining coverage. The phone number hooked me up with the switchboard, and I was transferred to a "warranty expert" in California. As mentioned previously - the famous 10/100 powertrain coverages are for original buyers only. Same as Hyundai/Kia. 5/60,000 limited new car warranty follows the car.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yerba1 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-25-2017),Eggman (07-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yerba1 View Post
    https://www.mitsubishicars.com. If you visit the website - have your VIN ready - you can register your Mirage and view all the work done on it under warranty, as well as, see the remaining coverage. The phone number hooked me up with the switchboard, and I was transferred to a "warranty expert" in California. As mentioned previously - the famous 10/100 powertrain coverages are for original buyers only. Same as Hyundai/Kia. 5/60,000 limited new car warranty follows the car.
    If you know the name of the original owner couldnt you just say "Yes, thats me Joe Smith (original owner)" and then pay in cash? or do they ask for ID?

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)