Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Transfer used Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Warranty Transfer used Mirage

I was told by the dealer that if I purchase a used Mirage that the warranty coverage would only be up to 60,000 miles? Is this true?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

FitnessPatterns (03-19-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well... I checked the warranty manual and it contains NO information about transfer of warranty.
    Mitsubishi refers you to the dealership for questions. How convenient for them...
    I would ask the dealership where you got your information to show you the warranty transfer info in writing. If salesman doesn't want to, ask sales manager. It's written somewhere.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 12-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you

I will ask.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Thank you

I will ask.
    Did you come up with anything on this Alex???

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    5yr/60k Powertrain for subsequent owners in the US. 10yr/100k for the life of the car in Canada regardless of the number of owners. Hence why Ichabod's manual probably didn't state information about transferability.
    Last edited by burnout8488; 04-18-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes the American second hand mirage warranty isn't very good. It's a powertrain only warranty 5/60k. But if you buy a certified mirage from a Mitsubishi dealer you can get the warranty I believe through mitsubishis certified pre owned car program
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Yes the American second hand mirage warranty isn't very good. It's a powertrain only warranty 5/60k. But if you buy a certified mirage from a Mitsubishi dealer you can get the warranty I believe through mitsubishis certified pre owned car program
    Here's the official warranty info: http://static.mitsubishicars.com/pdf...t_complete.pdf Page 13 has details.

"10 year/100,000 mile warranty: Applies only to the original owner of all new, retailed Vehicle. Subsequent owners receive the balance of coverage remaining under the 5-year/60,000-mile “Basic Coverage” of New Vehicle Limited Warranty."
    and
    For original owners of retailed Vehicle only, this 10-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty will cover the listed powertrain components up to 10 years from the original in-service date or date of first use, or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This Powertrain Limited Warranty is NOT transferable to any subsequent owner. Subsequent owners will receive the balance of the Powertrain Components coverage under the Basic Coverage of 5-year/60,000-mile, whichever occurs first, as set forth in this manual.

Back on page 9 is the definition of "Basic Coverage": MMNA warrants that all parts of this Vehicle supplied by MMNA (except batteries, adjustments required as a result of a manufacturing deficiency, air conditioner refrigerant charge, tires and items listed under the headings “OTHERS” and “WHAT IS NOT COVERED”) are free from defects in materials or workmanship at the time of delivery. If such a defect in materials or workmanship appears during the first 5 years or 60,000 odometer miles, the part will be repaired or replaced by any Authorized Mitsubishi Motors Dealer or Authorized Service Center, using new or remanufactured Authorized Mitsubishi Motors parts. The remedy described above shall be the sole and exclusive remedy for breach of warranty, either express or implied.

So it sounds like the second owner gets the balance of the 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alex16,,,,,, that's why it's not good to get a used mirage . Unless you get it at a Big reduced price conpaired to the New price. Because you loose the 10yr warraunty . And the ones I saw on this forum that were for sale at diffrent places for just a little bit more you can get a New one!! At the time I posted a Brand new one for 10,000 . Like where I bought mine I get three free oil changes and 5yr road side service and towing. And this dealership close to me offers warraunty for life

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agreed! That's why I went for my new es for 13k vs a used for 9k. It really hurt paying that extra 4,000 but I don't want the risk of not having warranty coverage. Plus I like knowing my car has been well cared for since day one.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Or if it's a ES used at a good price then I would consider it. So I would say no to a De and yes to a ES used. And I would have it fully ck out to see why Thir selling it. To be on the safe side. And also I would require a clean car fax and a clean Auto check. Because that's how I got my Mirage was from a bad Auto check.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)