Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Various rattles - glove box, speakers, cargo area

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire17 View Post
    thank you for the response! i'll try to bring it to the service center this week.. i'll let you know the fix!
    i cant wait to findthe solution.hehe.. if can upload the pic will be great too :P

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, rattles make my go insane. Luckily I haven't had that in mine. Every time I hear one it's something that I've put inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with my glove box rattling. What you can do to stop this is remove the glove box. (it's very easy, open then push the outer sides inward to clear the pins, then it open fully towards the floor.) You will see there are two holes, one on each side that the locking pins go into when the glove box is closed. These holes are are cut a little too big for the pins, that's why there is too much play when the glove box is closed, hence the rattle. I simple used electrical tape to fill the gap in each hole. Take a small piece of electrical tape, about two inches in length, bring half the tape inside the hole, and with your smallest finger stick it to the inside of the hole, and the other half to the outside of the hole. I used three pieces of tape one on top of the other for each side. That will make your glove box snug when closed, and stop those annoying rattles. I recommend electrical tape since it sticks well to plastic, and is the same colour.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to motormontreal For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-03-2015)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Rear spoiler also rattle if the bolt loose,... Loctite it and it's gone. Rattle free
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by motormontreal View Post
    I had the same problem with my glove box rattling. What you can do to stop this is remove the glove box. (it's very easy, open then push the outer sides inward to clear the pins, then it open fully towards the floor.) You will see there are two holes, one on each side that the locking pins go into when the glove box is closed. These holes are are cut a little too big for the pins, that's why there is too much play when the glove box is closed, hence the rattle. I simple used electrical tape to fill the gap in each hole. Take a small piece of electrical tape, about two inches in length, bring half the tape inside the hole, and with your smallest finger stick it to the inside of the hole, and the other half to the outside of the hole. I used three pieces of tape one on top of the other for each side. That will make your glove box snug when closed, and stop those annoying rattles. I recommend electrical tape since it sticks well to plastic, and is the same colour.

thx.. will try it this weekend

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Interior air filter might be loose. It's located behind the glove box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)