Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: US: Mirage recognized for top model loyalty

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    I received that email the other day but saw nothing notable in thanking us for being customers.
    I have never been thanked by any other auto maker, dealership or salesman upon returning to buy my second or third vehicle from them. Mostly just treated like found money.
    Dealer, brand or model loyalty is not based only on the car but the whole relationship between customer, dealer, manufacturer, service dept. and car.
    Mitsu rrecognises and appreciates this while the others do not..... Therefore notable.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    I have never been thanked by any other auto maker, dealership or salesman upon returning to buy my second or third vehicle from them. Mostly just treated like found money.
    Dealer, brand or model loyalty is not based only on the car but the whole relationship between customer, dealer, manufacturer, service dept. and car.
    Mitsu rrecognises and appreciates this while the others do not..... Therefore notable.
    Speaking upon this. My salesman sent me an email at 230 this morning personally thanking me for my 2 nd purchase.
    He also thanked my fiance when we were in this week picking it up.
    Oh. Had my 1 st warranty claim today with 263 miles on it
    Under the 12 month adjustment.
    The left headlight apparently wasn't tucked in under the bumper at the factory. I hadn't noticed as well... I've been too excited. Minor overlook. Pulled in at 440 pm today. They pulled it right in and checked to make sure I didn't whack it... And at 5 pm they handed me my keys back all fixed.
    Yup. They were happy to make it right. At the end of their day. That's service.. And it was a good test run to see how they were about a warranty claim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have to ask this question. Bear with Me.

These cars have been available in the USA since 2014. Or, only 4 years.

Why would someone be buying another one if they are satisfied with the car so much? It just seems a little premature to be selling or trading for another one with barely any time with it in the first place, doesn't it?

If it is 10 years, they put over 100k on it, been great... I think I will buy a new one.. we have some history to look at.

But 4 years?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Some folks want to upgrade to the latest features.

Some put on lots of miles.

Some have done both.

Some got wrecked
    but liked it enough to get another.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Some folks want to upgrade to the latest features.

Some put on lots of miles.

Some have done both.

Some got wrecked
    but liked it enough to get another.
    I guess my thoughts are: Americans are Fickle, and little odd. heh. "I will give up my perfectly good running car with barely 40k miles for Apple Car Play and some suspension and steering tweaks. losing 4 grand in the process".

Kidding (sort of

When people say "I love Honda Civics, I have had 5 in the last 15 years". Dude, you got real Bored? Selling or trading THAT many? Here I am in my same VW from 1992 purchased in 99.

I have been that guy that keeps my cars to 200k miles and 20 years, whichever comes first. Which is likely going against the grain. But I know a car is good if it will serve me in that manner I suppose.

I do find it weird the soon to create the whole loyalty thing. But... maybe you are Right, they might not just be a little Fickle, but the cars were in accidents, driven 100k miles in 2 years, etc...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Here I am in my same VW from 1992 purchased in 99.

I have been that guy that keeps my cars to 200k miles and 20 years, whichever comes first. Which is likely going against the grain. But I know a car is good if it will serve me in that manner I suppose.
    MAN I wish cars wouldn't rust away here...

Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    driven 100k miles in 2 years, etc...
    Imagine - having a long commute - living say 50, 75 miles from work OR having a job with lots of windshield time. The Mirage soon begins to pay for itself in purchase price & operation costs. When you sit down to do the math, the Mirage is hard to beat.

$15,000 for a loaded Mirage
    $25,000 for a loaded Prius C

It'll take a lot miles to make up the $10,000 difference in price - especially when they both have similar fuel economy numbers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    MAN I wish cars wouldn't rust away here...

Imagine - having a long commute - living say 50, 75 miles from work OR having a job with lots of windshield time. The Mirage soon begins to pay for itself in purchase price & operation costs. When you sit down to do the math, the Mirage is hard to beat.

$15,000 for a loaded Mirage
    $25,000 for a loaded Prius C

It'll take a lot miles to make up the $10,000 difference in price - especially when they both have similar fuel economy numbers.
    The is one pricey Mirage! But, yeah.. I know. There are people with crazy long commutes that put 30k miles a year on a car. But I imagine that is a small segment? Of course, if the car rusts in 10 years... but, every 2-4?

Some have returned to buy a 2nd Mirage in the same family.

We have a surprising number of 2-Mirage members here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Some have returned to buy a 2nd Mirage in the same family.

We have a surprising number of 2-Mirage members here.
    Totally Get THAT.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    LOL just bought a second (used) Mirage for my wife. Best car EVER.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shepd For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-30-2018)