Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some technical data for you guys!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Messy Mitsu View Post
    I drove my jeep hard and put it away dirty for years, 240,000km second owner and regular maintenance and it never skips a beat, has a snorkel, 4-1 headers and 3" hi flow exhaust, skyjacker lift kit with adjustable shackles and 33" mud tires. Had to change an axle seal seal and oil pan since I've owned it, but nothing major.
    My cherokee is all stock with a dana 30 disco mod locked. It has 263,000 miles currently about 423,257km.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @alex16

Green with envy that you got the manual! Can you share some 'technical data' and diagrams for the CVT??

One of my main questions is that I read on aftermarket source that the CVT does not have a serviceable transmission filter. Would love to confirm this and see some diagrams.

Thanks in advance for anything you can share.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far I haven't seen any kind of filter.

I'll keep looking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

Charlie (01-23-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @alex16 - Dude..you are my hero! This information will be very handy when I do my first transmission service. I'm probably going to do my first one around 15-18K miles so I can also install an in-line transmission filter since there appears to be none?

So the only service that 'should' be done on the CVT transmission from what you've found and posted, is basically just a drain and fill every so often?

Thanks for any and all information about the CVT you can provide! In my mind, this is the part of the car I'm most paranoid about. If you ever find any more info/diagrams for anything CVT related, would love to see it! Thanks again alex, I'm gonna definitely remember your name on here!

-Charlie-