Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 3A92 1.2L 3-cylinder Mirage / Space Star engine info (specs, specifications)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We have torn down some engines before but not that nastly looking with heavy carbon build-up. Is that space surrounding the bores part of the water jacket, it is the first time I see that design in a petrol engine. I understand both the block and the head of Mirage are high grade aluminum alloy, with a sturdy bolt fastening design, I presume that it will take a higher overheat temperature before any of them are warped in contrast to a steel block with aluminum head unless tha all aluminum alloy engine is really not that strong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
    We have torn down some engines before but not that nastly looking with heavy carbon build-up. Is that space surrounding the bores part of the water jacket, it is the first time I see that design in a petrol engine. I understand both the block and the head of Mirage are high grade aluminum alloy, with a sturdy bolt fastening design, I presume that it will take a higher overheat temperature before any of them are warped in contrast to a steel block with aluminum head unless tha all aluminum alloy engine is really not that strong.
    That space is the water jacket. Looks like we have an open deck design.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow...did that poor motor ever get even ONE oil change?? Surprised to see it that grubby inside after only 14k.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacester View Post
    i think i know one reason wy they do not use direct injection or GDI

Can I E10 fuel in my Mitsubishi?
    The fuel E10 (ethanol 10% / 90% petrol), can be used for all models with Mitsubishi gasoline engine except for models with a GDI engine models or with a carburetor.

and E10 is more and more used.
    in germany you can only get E10 or premium
    Yes, you can use E10 and even E20 fuels in the Mirage (you can look it up in the instructors manual).