Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got an E-Micro One scooter???

Country
    Italy
    Thanks

Anyone got an E-Micro One scooter???

Hi, I'm thinking about an E-Micro One scooter for my 6km morning commute (all along a small river path in the city I live).

Anyone got it? Opinions?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Hah, very cool vehicle!

If you have a route you can take with it, you could definitely keep miles off the Mirage, and save money on fuel.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I would love to try that. Don't need one, but would still like to see how well that "kick assist" works.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    What about when the batteries are depleted, or some malfunction/breakdown? Maybe a bicycle would work better?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

rikyxxx (02-06-2018)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    I go to work by bike sometimes, but I'm looking for something more "manageable".
    If it's hot riding means sweating and if it starts raining just before getting back home, you cannot take a bike into the bus with you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rikyxxx For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-07-2018)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What about when the batteries are depleted, or some malfunction/breakdown? Maybe a bicycle would work better?
    I got your point however, that's why the "e-scooter" I'm considering is the only one (I'm aware of) that can work like a standard kick-scooter too.

Anyone gave it a try? :-)
    Last edited by rikyxxx; 02-06-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Possibly unrelated, but i used to have a pedal assist e bike. It was rated for 30 km but if you didn't 'assist' it would only go 10 km before the battery was depleted. Assisting didn't keep me from sweating on hot days but it did keep me from dying on the biggest hills. The bike was unrideable without the electric assist because it was so heavy. I think when they give a rating for an assisted electric motor, they are pretty generous with the amount of energy provided by the rider.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

rikyxxx (02-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I wonder if there is a way to try one out locally? If not, make sure you check the return policy! I can't imagine that that is a cheap item.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

rikyxxx (02-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daox View Post
    i wonder if there is a way to try one out locally? If not, make sure you check the return policy! I can't imagine that that is a cheap item.
    $1000.00 us
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    It was rated for 30 km but if you didn't 'assist' it would only go 10 km before the battery was depleted.
    I think I would need that kind of set-up, or ultimately I would give in to laziness and just use it as a scooter. No exercise at all.

The bike was unrideable without the electric assist because it was so heavy.
    Probably a lead-acid battery pack? The newer battery chemistries & motors are MUCH lighter.

I know a smaller (and older, let's be honest) rider who uses an e-assist mountain bike that enables her to go on group rides with faster riders that she wouldn't otherwise be able to join.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

rikyxxx (02-07-2018)