Thread: Fog light bulb replacement adding a hid kit

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Fog light bulb replacement adding a hid kit

This is a rough idea on how to change your fog light bulbs, I'll edit this and make it better when I get the chance.

Don't buy cheap yellow hid kits, if your going cheap get white equivalent bulbs. My golden yellow hids look green.

They are H11 bulbs German made osram, very good quality stock.

The driver side is the best one to do first from under the hood.

1) remove small fuse box that is held in place by two clips

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3744
Size:  81.2 KB

Once the two clips are pushed in one at a time and lifted up the fuse box can be moved to the side.

Views: 3648
Size:  84.6 KB

Then you will be able to reach down to unplug the harness from the bulb.

Views: 3621
Size:  73.6 KB

The bulb turns and pulls out afterwards.

The passenger side is more difficult to get to so I turned my wheels to the right and used the owners manual guide, removing about 5 clips gave me enough freedom to slide my hand in behind the inner fender lining to get the passenger fog light bulb (sorry no pictures yet). I will likely be ordering new bulbs to replace these awful 3k golden yellow hids and do a better write up

Attachment 2351

Attachment 2352

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I dunno how I missed this. Where did you get your HIDs? They do look pretty green.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got them from eBay for 22.00 shipped, I notified the seller they were green and he sent me two new bulbs no charge, installed them and one week later one burnt out. Contacted him again and he sent another bulb, it's been in for about 3 days, the second set were very lightly green/yellow, not 100% happy but for the price and all the free bulbs I can't complain too much. Next time if buying a cheap hid kit get blue/white. I'll try to get some updated pictures of the second/third bulb.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hids cheap from eBay kept giving me grief, I have had good luck in the past but not this time another bulb failure, 2 so far and 2 green bulbs, then a transformer started popping the low profile 15amp fog fuse... Ordered some nokya yellow h11 2500k bulbs 55w (stock) halogen. I read there is better options such as the hella that are $20 on eBay but I ordered these before I read that, they do a great job though, made in Korea.

Views: 3417
Size:  21.9 KB

Views: 3502
Size:  96.1 KB

Views: 3515
Size:  96.5 KB
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Hids cheap from eBay kept giving me grief, I have had good luck in the past but not this time another bulb failure, 2 so far and 2 green bulbs, then a transformer started popping the low profile 15amp fog fuse... Ordered some nokya yellow h11 2500k bulbs 55w (stock) halogen. I read there is better options such as the hella that are $20 on eBay but I ordered these before I read that, they do a great job though, made in Korea.

Views: 3417
Size:  21.9 KB

Views: 3502
Size:  96.1 KB

Views: 3515
Size:  96.5 KB
    Got the same ones.
    One randomly died after around a year, seller was great and sent a replacement, I just had to pay for postage

Photos before I got my ghost bulb indicators.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

Jackson (05-27-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haha nice!

Views: 4096
Size:  88.2 KB

Views: 3404
Size:  94.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alex...I love the true fog light amber color. I wasn't going to mod anything on my Mirage, now I'm double thinking that idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Easier to go in behind the fog light, in front of the wheels. Especially for the passenger side.

Just turn the wheel to the right or left depending which side you're doing. Pull that plastic clip out, and move the fender liner out of the way.

Tried doing it from above for the drivers side and it came out easily, just was a little harder to get it right from above. Going in from the bottom was a lot easier.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatchbackkid82 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-03-2016),Wayne (08-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Looks good!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)