Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 120kmh warning

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Yes that is quite pricey for what seems like unnecessary but nifty tweaks. Have you found other cool little tidbits from digging around with the MUT?
    You can do a lot with MUT + etacsdecoder software. For example:
    Folding mirror enabled (need to buy oem folding mirror assy + wiring), open mirror when speed above 10kmh or so.
    Enable and disable tpms.
    Enable and disable seatbelt warning.
    Enable and disable RLS (rain light sensor) for auto wiper + auto lamp (need to buy windshield with RLS mounting, RLS sensor, auto wiper stalk, auto lamp stalk, wiring).
    Reverse warning (make a sound when you put gear into reverse position), quite useful for novice driver.
    Enable and disable auto climate (for retrofitting auto climate)
    Etc.

2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Why would you want to on that?

It's a good finding, but I can imagine it's annoying to see a lamp burning all the time. (In europe am driving at 125 km/hour everyday for around 130 km trip to work)
    Takumi Fujiwara had a speed warning as a 'ding' on his AE86! That's when you know you're really pushing it hard and about to take some corners at the car's limit without spilling the tofu!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've owned 2 sr5 hatches 3 sr5 coupes a gts coupe and a gts hatch ae86s. I wish our US mirages had a speed warning!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-10-2015)

Wow impressive! I never managed to own one myself, went with an 1992 Nissan 240SX SE with a CA18DET as my project car. Now I'm all about MPGs and tiny 3 cylinder engines! Lol funny how that worked out. Next sports car will have to be an S2000, Miata or FRS/BRZ.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am a s2000 lover, always have had a obsession with those cars, a early 2.0 model white with red leather.

I worked on a lot of 240s when me and my friends had a shop, ka to sr20 was what we did the most, I loved driving turbo 240s, even the dohc ka's were nice though.

I'm a fan of cars in general, I go wheeling in my Cherokee regularly as well. When it comes to being a car guy, having fuel efficiency as a goal sure does pay off! Literally lol
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Man that is awesome, glad we share similar passions!!

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Takumi Fujiwara had a speed warning as a 'ding' on his AE86! That's when you know you're really pushing it hard and about to take some corners at the car's limit without spilling the tofu!!!
    Bingo!!

Now put SR20DET into mirage
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to satria_wr For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I need to re-watch the Initial-D ... I missed it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-11-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    You can do a lot with MUT + etacsdecoder software. For example:
    Enable and disable auto climate (for retrofitting auto climate)
    Etc.
    Retrofit AUTO climate? Yes, I want that.

If my heater core needs swapping will everything to convert my manual AC to AUTO be disassembled / removed?

I get I'll need to buy / provide the components to go from manual to AUTO but still, this is a one time only opportunity to have my Mirage torn down to do this. If, like I wrote, my heater core needs replacement.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Retrofit AUTO climate? Yes, I want that.
    I'm not as keen on the auto-climate as I thought I'd be. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not saying that you're wrong to want that. I suppose it depends on your climate, and your desires. I find myself constantly having to manually adjust the fan and temperature up and down, to keep it comfortable. I've never had a car with auto climate, so I have nothing to compare it to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)