Thread: Malaysia: The new Mirage goes on a new direction (car- carmalaysia.my)

Malaysia: The new Mirage goes on a new direction (car- carmalaysia.my)

The new Mirage goes on a new direction; far from the performance orientated path it took before. We take it for a spin and see if there’s still some fun left…
    This is an interesting review. It's quite "extreme" in the sense that it goes from talking quite a lot about the lengths drivers went to achieve excellent fuel consumption in the economy run (I posted a thread & video about that competition, here) to a discussion of what techniques wring the best performance out of the car on a race track!

There seems to be little here for the typical driver.

Pros:

- fuel economy, even though this driver intentionally went much faster than the rest of the group
    - surprisingly: he really liked the car's handling at the limits, once he realized how well its light weight made it more responsive to corrections
    - brake fade (on the race track)

Cons:

- "the plastics feel cheap but that’s the price you (don’t) pay"
    - steering too light

Overall:

In short, the Mitsubishi Mirage is strikingly impressive. As a product that promises an economical drive I think it does the job [...] So back to the question, economy or attitude? Surprisingly, a lot of both.
    Full review: http://www.carmalaysia.my/index.php/...subishi-mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

jamiec (03-28-2013)