Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Warning Keep your floor dry! (recall: potential electrical short circuits/corrosion)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by motormontreal View Post
    What you see in the picture is a plug/harness connector. You are right in thinking of resoldering the wires and using shrink tubes, because that's what the mechanic from Mitsubishi did.
    I had a similar problem with my last car where water & salt had corroded the pins/wires in a harness/plug....I'm going into that panel the first chance I get!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Might get a hold of the local dealership tomorrow and talk to them about this, see if we can get some preventative measures taken.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Mitsubishi has their own mats now I believe..
    There was a set in the loaner I had. They look like weather tech but have Mitsubishi embossed in and no weather tech badge.

https://db.tt/by8Gzi7Y
    Can you go back and ask them where they got these from? Or if you can look under the mats to see if there's a part number? I went to my local dealer and they could not find these even after showing them your picture.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Can you go back and ask them where they got these from? Or if you can look under the mats to see if there's a part number? I went to my local dealer and they could not find these even after showing them your picture.
    Sure, will get it for you by Friday.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to motormontreal For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-12-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i bought mitsu's all weather mats for my car and when i was there i remembered this thread so i got the part number for you. the guy told me that it is the same number in canada and the US. i haven't unpacked all of my paperwork yet and it's somewhere in the pile, but when i find it, i'll post the number here for you.

Awesome my dude! Please do, many of us are dying to know.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I took a look this weekend, and found there are several connections beside the dead pedal on our cars. There is only a very small lip on the carpet to keep water from contacting these connections. Snow and ice could easily build up and get pushed over that lip, right into them. I don't see a real easy way to seal these connections. In the second picture, you can see my solution was to just place a piece of plastic over them, that should prevent snow and ice from getting pushed into them.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahintofpepperjack For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-17-2015),R01k (03-17-2015),strawboss (04-03-2015),Teasmade (03-18-2015),ThunderG (03-21-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry for the long wait folks, but I finally got some information on the wire harness in question. I took a screen picture with the part numbers. Now I have been told that there are 4 different choices for this wire harness, depending on the year and options the mirage comes with. e.g. a CVT has a different wire harness than a manual.
    Name:  Photo1396.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  35.7 KB
    For anyone bringing their concerns to their dealer and needing a part number, you can use any one of these four part numbers. (From there the parts person will be on the right page, and from there you simply tell him/her the year and model of you mirage.)
    Please note these part numbers are used throughout Canadian Mitsubishi dealerships, Nobody from my dealer is 100% sure these part numbers are the same throughout the world, however their best guess is 99% certain they would be the same at least in North America. I hope this helps.

I would also like to inform everyone that according to my dealer, Mitsubishi Japan is aware of this problem and will be visiting some dealers in the Montreal area to inspect some cars belonging to customers who have had problems with this. I'll let you know what comes of this to the best of my ability.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to motormontreal For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (03-21-2015),fifteenwindow (03-21-2015),Wayne (06-18-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Awesome my dude! Please do, many of us are dying to know.
    david, please follow this link re: the floor mats...

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...4854#post24854

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The first warm sunny day so I removed the kick panel & sealed the backs of the electrical plugs with liquid electrical tape, a tiny dab of dielectric grease in each socket and installed ahintofpepperjack's plastic shield attached with some self adhesive butyl rubber tape...this stuff is awesome!
    All I need now is some deep slush mats for winter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-03-2015),R01k (04-03-2015)