Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CVT owners... what is "Idle Neutral Logic"? And what is it like to drive?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate this stupid idiot logic thing. If you are on the 210 heavy traffic in Pasadena CA, makes you want to take it in for a trany change! But then I can put it in D5 and it rocks. Even the engine breaks helps keep speed but not use the brakes to rock the car back and forth

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi, it appears the Idle Neutral Control disabled on my 2015 Indonesian Mirage. Is simple ETACS coding will activate it or there are more hardware to be installed first?
    Name:  variant 3.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  90.4 KB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-04-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My fiancee G4 is smoother. Hope that doesnt translate to way more longevity vs my 2014 DE lol.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im not a fan, Ive had my ride go backwards on a mostly flat survace at a drive thru. It went back until I hit the gas. Its only done this twice and my hill assist works on steep hills, but still unnerving. Wish could switch it off like the auto climate control compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im not a fan, Ive had my ride go backwards on a mostly flat survace at a drive thru. It went back until I hit the gas. Its only done this twice and my hill assist works on steep hills, but still unnerving. Wish could switch it off like the auto climate control compressor.
    I noticed mine did the same thing 3 times in a row this morning. I hold the brake pedal harder than in other cars cause I don't want that lurch forward like a retard feeling I get sometimes in the work Mirages. I figured mine was in neutral cause when I was stopped it was running pretty quiet and smooth unlike when you first put it in gear and it gets a bit of the shakes. When I let off the brake it rolled back a little til I hit the gas. I didn't have the ac on but had headlight and fogs on. I don't know how far it would have rolled but wonder what the parameters are for the hillstart brake assist to kick in.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    but wonder what the parameters are for the hillstart brake assist to kick in.
    Mitsubishi Innovation: HSA (Hill Start Assist)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi | Innovation
    HSA (Hill Start Assist)

This system prevents vehicles rolling backwards and makes hill starts easier by holding the braking force during the time when the driver is moving his/her foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal in order to start the vehicle on a steep road.

When the system determines that the vehicle is stopped on a steep road from the information of various sensors and the ECUs, the system will hold the braking force after the driver releases the brake pedal until the driver depress the accelerator pedal (for a maximum of two seconds). The system will reduce the braking force in accordance with the operation of the accelerator by the driver and the engine torque that is generated.

• HSA also functions when the vehicle is reversing up a steep road.

• Depending on the road surface conditions, the vehicle may roll backwards.
    At least that's what Mitsubishi says about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just discovered this thread. I didn't even realize this was a feature, I thought it was just another quirk. I kind of like the little 'jerk' motion upon startup. Might not be cool or sporty but certainly adds personality. At longer lights I don't notice it as much because I'll turn the engine right off, as long as I don't need to be signalling. At shorter lights though there is a noticeable jump when first accelerating.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I'm not a big fan of it due to the conditions that have to met before it will function. This is why I manually put mine in neutral at almost every stop, that way I know it's in neutral for sure. Otherwise you're just sitting there with the belt slipping while you are stopped.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Are you sure that's how they work? I can't imagine the belt actually slips while stopped. I can't fact check atm though.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Are you sure that's how they work? I can't imagine the belt actually slips while stopped. I can't fact check atm though.
    My understanding of CVT's unless it has a electronic disconnect like the Mirage when you are sitting stopped in gear if the belt is engaged it's slipping on the outer edge of the drive pulley. If you let off the brake and the car moves forward with no throttle then the belt has to be slipping while you are stopped because the drive belt is engaged.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)