Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Dunlop Enasaves 165/65/14 - eastern Ontario / west Quebec / northern NY

Wanted: Dunlop Enasaves 165/65/14 - eastern Ontario / west Quebec / northern NY

I'd be interested in picking up some second hand Enasaves from anyone who has upgraded wheels, or has swapped them out for a different tire size because of difficulty finding timely replacements of the OEM tire.

As long as they're still legal (tread above the wear bar), I'm interested.

I want to try the Enasaves on my Firefly/Metro. I'm curious to see how they compare to the Bridgestone RE92 in the same size (that I have, but are close to worn out). The RE92's were the kings of low rolling resistance (original equipment on the Honda Insight, 1st gen).

No rush -- the Firefly won't be back on the road until this summer, and the tires on it will last a while longer anyway. Just putting this out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm the opposite I'm going to be going to the RE92s after my enasaves are done with, its good to try new things I'm sure someone out there has some, I even saw a craigslist crx hf with some de wheel/tires for 2,000.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, I know there was some chatter in the Insight forum about the Mirage and the Enasaves, because the LRR RE92's are getting harder to find, and there are recurring rumours that they're going to be discontinued.

So the Insight owners were happy to hear about a LRR tire coming (on the Mirage) that was the right size for their cars.

I know of one guy who's already bought Enasaves for his Insight, but he didn't do any testing to compare rolling performance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took my enasaves off after 2,000 miles or so and put winter tires on the rims...I am thinking about getting 15" wheels and tires for summer, I'll let you know if I do go this route and I no longer need the 14" enasaves.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There's a set of EP422s on clearance at the Sears Auto Center I work for in northern Virginia, I think they're 15" though. Definitely too large for our cars, but would be good for something else.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I've heard good things about the EP422. If I were looking for tires in the near future I'd definitely take a good look at those.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry for seeing this post so late, but I got my stock tyres sitting in my shed. Maybe 2000kms on them. But I'm in Brampton, so 30 minutes east of Toronto. But if you want, they're free.

Wow - thanks!

I've got friends in Toronto I visit a couple of times a year, so maybe I can organize getting them there.

I'll send you a PM.

Just bumping this thread: I'm still looking for Enasaves.

(I wasn't able to take up Ralliart_Mirage on his very generous offer - the logistics didn't work out for picking them up.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a set of 4...with 2,000 or so miles on them. Used them until I put winter tires on and now have new summer tires and wheels so I will not need them. Any plans for you to take a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan anytime soon? That is where they are...in my back room

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-05-2015)