View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Curious now if I should skip the dealer and go to a lifetime alignment place so I can check my alignment after I lower my mirage!

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They didn't even charge me to check it! I was so happy. Was worried I had done bought a big problem

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What did you ask them? They are talking about charging me to check my alignment I don't need anything adjusted just need to verify it is within spec... hopefully they are kind to me as they were for you! Happy to hear your mirage is good to go
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just simply told them about the problem on here and I needed to get mine checked. They said no problem and took care of of

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicki Mirage For This Useful Post:

alex16 (05-10-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    it could just be an illusion, but i swear that i when i look at my rear passenger side wheel, it looks visually out of alignment. i suppose i should head in to have it checked so i can go on record with the rest of you guys.
    Same here. I still haven't got my alignment checked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    See, mine looked visually out of spec to me at well. But ALLL GREEN when I got it checked. Go get yours checked, it's a great piece of mind.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    What did you ask them? They are talking about charging me to check my alignment I don't need anything adjusted just need to verify it is within spec... hopefully they are kind to me as they were for you! Happy to hear your mirage is good to go
    Tell them that you notice some odd behavior in the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Went to the dealership....

I explained I wanted the alignment checked due to it pulling to the right $80... I informed him about the toe mis adjustment in the rear and he said that's just hear say on the internet. He told me $80, then I said other dealers have checked it for free for Mirage owners, he then said ok we will write it up and take a look at it. I also had my second free oil change done (first 3400, second 6800 and they say they use castrol synthetic edge 0w20 not mitsubishi oil). He came to me like last time complaining about my tires over inflated to 45 psi and they re set them for me haha. They put in the work order that they performed a alignment and he told me it was a little out of adjustment but not much, didn't give me a print out of anything and was quick to walk away and start talking to another customer. I didn't want to be rude so I left, I figure I'll get my H&R springs on and pay for a lifetime alignment somewhere to see if he was being honest and did a alignment .

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    one of the dealers that i went to when looking at mirages told me that mirages can ONLY use synthetic oil and not regular oil. i kept my mouth shut because i was almost done talking with him... some dealers are such clowns.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know Sears will do a free alignment check if no adjustments are made.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)