View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    After I lowered mine, the negative camber was reduced and the toe-in increased.
    Thanks Cani. Looks like my crude folded piece of paper vizualization tool failed me. I agree, with bump, there should be more toe in, resisted by the beam not wanting to stretch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After the diagnosis, they determine the proper course of action, like replace broken parts, if any. Since nothing's broken and it's simply a flawed design the dealership can't do anything about, it would be a complete waste of time and gas to drive 3 hours round-trip to go to the dealership for them to tell me what I already know.
    That is true!

The person on the other side of the phone is clueless,tell you to go to the dealer. The dealer can't do anything until mitsubishi comes out with a fix of somekind.

They will only come up with a fix if theere are enough complaints of worn rear tires due to out of specs rear suspension.

So basically the dealers have to submit reports to mitsu TECH LINE with customer info,pictures of the worn tires and the out of spec alignment printouts and hopefully mitsu will do something about it soon!
    Last edited by 3dplane; 06-02-2015 at 04:09 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-31-2015),R01k (03-31-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    That is true!

The person on the other side of the phone is clueless,tell you to go to the dealer. The dealer can't do anything until mitsubishi comes out with a fix of somekind.

They will only come up with a fix if theere are enough complaints of worn rear tires due to out of specs rear suspension.

This is the email our dealership received from our district rep:

Attachment 2693

So basically the dealers have to submit reports to mitsu TECH LINE with customer info,pictures of the worn tires and the out of spec alignment printouts and hopefully mitsu will do something about it soon!
    I just spent 6 hours at the dealer here in salt lake, they found that my rear is indeed out of spec, and it was 2 months ago also when I had it aligned. Also My EPS is acting up because of a larger offset tire and wheel. NONSENSE if you ask me. I have had a weird shake at 70mph and up since having my tires changed due to excessive wear.

I really hope this can be remedied in some way. I love this car but not being able to drive it at freeway speeds, because it feels deathly is not what I paid for, I paid for a fun small econo box that we could keep for 15 years!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Well, at least Mitsubishi is aware of the problem and dictated a course of action. I'll keep a close eye on my tires wear.
    Last edited by R01k; 03-31-2015 at 01:08 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since nothing's broken and it's simply a flawed design the dealership can't do anything about.
    That's true. Something interesting is that adjustments like the one needed in this case are covered under 1 year/12000 miles. The downside is that it's impossible to perform this adjustment precisely because of the unwise design.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I might just have to wait it out since I have non-stock springs in place and frequently rotate my tires to prevent uneven wear (Although I did save the OEM springs just in case). I've also passed the 12,000 mile mark already. The best they could do when I had the camber out of spec when everything was still stock was to say "We compared yours to brand new ones we have in stock, and they're designed that way."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ednevell View Post
    I have had a weird shake at 70mph and up since having my tires changed due to excessive wear.
    Well the shake is either out of balance tire(s) and/or uneven road force around the circumference of one or more tires.(out of round).

Now the fact you had to put these tires on because the original tires got chewed up due to misaligned rear is another matter.
    Which is why we gotta push dealers to report the cases to techline until mitsubishi is so tired of hearing it that they come out with a solution!

(I had to replace my rear tires too at 26K miles!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I contacted Mitsubishi about this problem. They've opened a case and asked for the dealer's papers on the car. However, things are pointing to them blaming me for hitting a pothole or curb because 'in this case the warranty only covers factory-originated misadjustments'.

The case manager said that she has other customers with the same issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    I contacted Mitsubishi about this problem. They've opened a case and asked for the dealer's papers on the car. However, things are pointing to them blaming me for hitting a pothole or curb because 'in this case the warranty only covers factory-originated misadjustments'.

The case manager said that she has other customers with the same issue.
    Bullsh!t !!!

Based on your alignment printout you would've had to be driving in reverse at about 60 mph and hit a pothole in the middle of the road to make that right rear toe in!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Forgot to say. Tell them to show you the bent rim!!! (Assuming you dont have a bent rim on your car)