View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    You set up a jig that holds the two axles parallel to each other, as you weld them on. Jig mounts to the lower shock mount and the two front mounting points, setting level, with the axles parallel vertical and horizontal. 0 camber, 0 toe. Check specs before assembly to the vehicle. From my tries to change the alignment, I can tell you it has plenty of strength.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Personally I'm beginning to think class action. Implied warranty of merchantibility is hard to ignore and I guarantee you this issue has cost them customers. Act like you give a damn Mitsubishi.
    I'd be willing to step up and put my name on that, since I've fulfilled the legal requirements for a lemon law claim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    had my car aligned coz I just installed H&R Sport Springs.

indeed, the rear toes are wack.

Name:  Photo011.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  93.8 KB

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I would like to point out that the poll is missing a possibility that I would like to choose. My Mirage (Space Star) does not give problems with the rear axle. It drives like a dream, the steering is perfectly centered and there is no excessive tyre wear on the rear tyres. Thus, I have not done an inspection. I see no need for it.
    So, I would propose an extra line: Rear axle not inspected as it does not give me any problems whatsoever.

Thanks
    Alignment can be off without tire wear issues, but if it ain't broke don't fix it . I'm at 12.5k miles now. My front tires are wearing close to 2/32. Probably by 17-20k miles they will drop below 6/632 (8/32 new), then Iwill rotate them until the now fronts (old rears) get down to 6/32. I think 60k might be possible on the set, maybe more if they don't get a noisy wear pattern.

You did check it, if your tire wear matches mine you are golden. If they're gone in 20k you have a problem.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

tyre wear (or the lack of it)

Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Alignment can be off without tire wear issues, but if it ain't broke don't fix it . I'm at 12.5k miles now. My front tires are wearing close to 2/32. Probably by 17-20k miles they will drop below 6/632 (8/32 new), then Iwill rotate them until the now fronts (old rears) get down to 6/32. I think 60k might be possible on the set, maybe more if they don't get a noisy wear pattern.

You did check it, if your tire wear matches mine you are golden. If they're gone in 20k you have a problem.

regards
    mech
    Haha, I am truly terribly sorry, but I do not have a clue what you are talking about as you do not use SI units that the rest of the world uses. But I can assure you that I will probably get 30.000 on the front tyres and 60.000 km on the rear tyres as I see it now. That is, with my driving the same as in all other cars I owned, so there is probably no problem. No noisy tyres also, they are all four very silent up to now (22.000 km).

Thanks
    With 1 or 2 rotations, I should get 80-90,000 kilometers out of mine, down to the wear bars.

regards
    mech

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    as a member of NATO, the Netherlands probably uses nautical miles, feet, etc... in aviation.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Online conversion is pretty easy to find. In fact, Google will do it for you, if you put forth the effort.

I have to do the same thing when some of you guys start blathering about 'km/liter' and 'liters/100 km'.

This is an international forum...some conversion and/or interpretation may be required.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Teasmade (12-31-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Online conversion is pretty easy to find. In fact, Google will do it for you, if you put forth the effort.

I have to do the same thing when some of you guys start blathering about 'km/liter' and 'liters/100 km'.

This is an international forum...some conversion and/or interpretation may be required.
    You even get to convert your spelling. lol. liter is US spelling -- elsewhere it is litre.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)