View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISP_guy View Post
    Got a call from our dealership yesterday - it sounds like their lead mechanic talked to a Mitsubishi rep regarding the rear axle issue. They approved an axle replacement without even taking a second look at it, so that's good news. I'm scheduled to drop off the car Monday evening. Hopefully the new axle will be within specs!
    When all is said and done, please scan the work receipt with your info redacted of course and post it here so I can bring it with me to the dealer next time :P

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will do - I plan on getting the dealerships alignment check done as well as another 3rd party check when they finish up. Will post the results here when I get it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ISP_guy For This Useful Post:

HitShane (05-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After months of emails and phone calls my local dealer has replaced my rear axle even though the alignment portion of my warranty has expired, because I reported the noise and vibration over a year ago when that portion of the warranty was still in force. I then tried to get the dealer to replace the ruined rear tires but was told to contact Mitsubishi Corporate. After an initial phone interview I was contacted by the manufacturer and was told that they would replace the tires. If anyone is near the San Antonio, Texas USA area, call Gillman Mitsubishi and ask for the Service Manager Brandon Robbins. He told me to tell anyone with this problem and if you are close enough to get your car to them they will take care of you. After showing him the depth of this problem and all the research I had done he realizes that it is a defect and will help you get your car fixed. He is an awesome guy and I cannot thank him enough.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Squirrel_Assassin For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-09-2016),Eggman (05-09-2016),HitShane (05-09-2016),inuvik (05-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Assassin View Post
    After months of emails and phone calls my local dealer has replaced my rear axle
    That's great news. Thanks for sharing with us.

How's your new ride?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel_Assassin View Post
    After months of emails and phone calls my local dealer has replaced my rear axle even though the alignment portion of my warranty has expired, because I reported the noise and vibration over a year ago when that portion of the warranty was still in force. I then tried to get the dealer to replace the ruined rear tires but was told to contact Mitsubishi Corporate. After an initial phone interview I was contacted by the manufacturer and was told that they would replace the tires. If anyone is near the San Antonio, Texas USA area, call Gillman Mitsubishi and ask for the Service Manager Brandon Robbins. He told me to tell anyone with this problem and if you are close enough to get your car to them they will take care of you. After showing him the depth of this problem and all the research I had done he realizes that it is a defect and will help you get your car fixed. He is an awesome guy and I cannot thank him enough.
    Please scan the work order and any receipts you obtain from this and post them...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the car back. It didn't take more than a day for them to replace the axle. I got there after hours so the service department was closed and I couldn't talk to the mechanics. But here is the paperwork. I'll have it re-checked by a 3rd party when I can get some time, maybe next week...Name:  IMG_0442.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  88.7 KBName:  IMG_0443.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  92.7 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ISP_guy For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-11-2016)

Any subjective change in the way the car feels/handles?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honestly I haven't noticed much of a change but I haven't rode with a passenger yet, which is where I noticed my original issue. I might be taking a 3 hour trip this weekend so that will be a better test.

I can say this though - they gave me a blue Mirage "service car" that was an auto CVT, I *think* it was a DE because it was similar to mine and there was nothing special about it. But their loaner DID seem to handle better than mine. The bumps weren't as squishy and the curves seemed to hug better. I think they had a different set of tires on their loaner car, where I have the factory set on mine. Would the tires have made that much of a noticeable difference? My 5 speed DE did seem to get better MPG on the highway than theirs did which would point to different tires...

Was the loaner a 2015 or 2017?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Either 2014 or 2015 - it had the "mail slot" style front end