View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    that's very disappointing. I think i'll be keeping my '14, or maybe getting a used '15 instead of buying a new '17. I can't understand why they wouldn't care about fixing this.

2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    This guy:

Attachment 7567

Had a chance to go up on the machine just to see if they "fixed" the axles for 17's.

The same problem still in third model??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, I'm extremely disappointed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Had a chance to go up on the machine just to see if they "fixed" the axles for 17's.
    Thanks for posting, 3dplane.

Out of curiosity: whose initiative was it to check the new car? Yours or the dealership's?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like they don't check the alignment when the car came out of the factory. All the rental Mirage I drove they all go different direction when driving straight.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thanks for posting, 3dplane.

Out of curiosity: whose initiative was it to check the new car? Yours or the dealership's?
    Mine of course. I am realizing that other than the small group of owners here at the forum,it seems nobody gives a rats about it.
    Not other owners,not Mitsubishi.
    They just say it has crap tires that's why you have to change it at 20K. Or Mitsu will say you did not rotate them,or should've taken pictures of it still on the car, or you must have hit something or whatever it takes to dodge the issue!

I understand that it is one of the cheapest cars and yes the OEM tires are not the best but that is all beside the point of all the defective axles. Oh well. Onto something more positive.
    The next post will be a nice green printout! /cricket noise/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-17-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine of course. I am realizing that other than the small group of owners here at the forum,it seems nobody gives a rats about it.
    They just say it has crap tires that's why you have to change it at 20K. Or Mitsu will say you did not rotate them,or should've taken pictures of it still on the car, or you must have hit something or whatever it takes to dodge the issue!

I understand that it is one of the cheapest cars and yes the OEM tires are not the best but that is all beside the point of all the defective axles. Oh well. Onto something more positive.

I did read a comment somewhere on a Canadian review of the 2017 4 door mirage, from a fellow who said he drove one for a few days and it drifted so much his wrists got sore from constantly correcting the car. For sure, after I mentioned this forum and the issue to Mountain Mitsubishi in Hamilton, they no longer answer my emails. Mitsubishi Canada definitely does not want to know.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...other than the small group of owners here at the forum,it seems nobody gives a rats about it.
    That's exactly what I think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

should change the subject of this thread

The subject of this thread is rear wheels misaligned. Well, my rear axle is OK, but the front wheels are way out of spec with camber (difference almost 4 times the maximum between left and right). So, this thread should be wheels out of spec. Is better imo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Well, my rear axle is OK, but the front wheels are way out of spec with camber (difference almost 4 times the maximum between left and right).
    That should be easy to see without an alignment machine. Any pictures? Was the front end in an accident or otherwise bumped?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)