View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 110 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The service guy tells me to gather all of my supporting info about the issue and he'll submit it to Mitsubishi Corporate to get an answer, as their local staff couldn't determine if it would be covered. I tried to explain that the U.S PR Manager is aware of the issue and could get him a quick answer, but he told me to just include that info as well...

Can't hurt to print out the quote from post #1. The PR manager speaks for the company.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Can't hurt to print out the quote from post #1. The PR manager speaks for the company.

This condition falls under our 5 year/60,000 mile warranty coverage. People who feel they might have a problem should contact their local dealer for an inspection and repair as necessary under warranty. This should be helpful for owners who were mistakenly put under the impression (by a dealer) that only the 12 month / 12k mile "adjustment period" covered this.

It's a clear 5/60 warranty issue. Have those customers ask to speak to the factory rep.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mirager (06-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    The service guy tells me to gather all of my supporting info about the issue and he'll submit it to Mitsubishi Corporate to get an answer
    I assume the service advisor has called the Mitsubishi TECH LINE to report the issue? If he's done that, you should be in good shape. They are well aware of the problem. Remember this is an expensive ($1000+) repair and the dealer needs prior approval from Mitsubishi to do it.

Your accident may be an issue. I wouldn't volunteer that info. If you just had a minor rear fender-bender, I doubt it would have impacted your rear alignment...but it's remotely possible. If you give some dealers a reason to void a warranty repair, they will take it and run.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's been two and a half weeks after I submitted my info to the dealership and have not recieved an answer yet. The service department called last Friday to tell me they are still awaiting an answer and from corporate and would contact me as soon as they hear something.

Seriously??? With today's communication technology, they are still functioning like it's 1977? I'm certainly disappointed with them on this. I think I'll make this my last Mitsubishi I'll ever buy. So far, I've had a much better customer service experience with the Hyundia dealership.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you called Mitsubishi directly?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

HitShane (06-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Have you called Mitsubishi directly?
    Exactly this. I had an issue with the dealer that was supposed to fix a dent and a scuff that the car had when I bought it new. While it was there getting the dent and the scuff fixed, whoever parked it in their gravel parking lot decided to do some donuts in my car and put a nice new fresh dent on the rear corner panel obviously kicked up from the front wheel. It was especially obvious because they had given my car a carwash and when the guy went trashing my car in the gravel in their back lot it filled my wheels and tires full of white chalky dust. The dealer of course denied this claim and I contacted Mitsubishi directly and after about 24 hours I had a conference call between the head of the service department and a representative at Mitsubishi. The main problem was the service center for my Mitsubishi dealership is actually a Kia and Hyundai service center and they treat the Mitsubishi like second-rate vehicles. Long story short out of the four Mitsubishi service centers in the area I only trust one of them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dealership called me yesterday to schedule the axle replacement.
    I'm glad they finally figured it out.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirager For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-30-2017),HitShane (06-30-2017),inuvik (06-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I'm glad they finally figured it out.
    That's great news. Please be sure to report back how everything turns out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Definitely post back with an update. Your dealer could have given you a hard time due to your non-stock 15" wheels and tires. So who knows...maybe that was part of the delay in getting an approval?!? It's not like those wheels/tires would have impacted your rear alignment geometry, but that wouldn't stop some dealers from sending you packing until you came back in with your OEM wheels/tires. For now it sounds like your dealer is doing pretty good! Be sure to ask for a post-installation alignment printout.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)