View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok, I'm pretty well done in dealing with Mitsubishi. Their service department is just lame.
    I dropped my car off Wednesday morning and they said they'd be done with it in 3 to 4 hours. All day goes by and I didn't get a single call. My work is just 4 or 5 blocks away, so I walked back to the dealership after work and see my car sitting in the front of their parking lot. I go inside and speak with the service agent. He said they had just finished up with the alignment and was about to call me. Sure, whatever...
    He prints out a receipt of the work done, which shows the replacement for the axle under warranty and tells me to have a good day. I asked where is the copy of the alignment documentation. He tells me that Kauffman Tire didn't provide them with anything. I asked if they could get a copy for me, as I'd like to know the results of how the axle replacement corrected the issue. He calls the store and supposedly spoke with someone that could email a copy to him. He provided his email and ended the call. He tells me I can wait for it to come in for him to print it off or he can simply forward it to me once he receives it. I opted for the latter, as I wanted to head home.
    Nothing came in that evening. I worked from home the following day and had called the service department several times during the day, each time only getting their voicemail box. I found that to be rather frustrating to never get an actual service tech on the phone.
    So, this morning I stopped by the dealership before I got to work. I told them I had yet to receive the report and he said that, yeah...they had not emailed it over yet. They said they would forward it to me just as soon as they received it. Well, Kauffman Tire is just around the corner from the dealership, so I decided to venture over there myself during my lunch break and just ask them for a copy myself, since there seems to be such an issue with them sending it via email. I spoke with the tech that actually did the alignment and he said he specifically remembers giving Mitsubishi a copy of the alignment results and figures they must have misplaced them. I asked them if I could get a copy and he told me that is impossible because they don't store the results and it would have been impossible for them to have agreed to email them to Mitsubishi as well. He did recall that the front was out of alignment by quite a bit, but the rear was within specs.
    I asked how the front could have been out so far seeing as how they just did they alignment a little over a month ago. He said that speed bumps, chuck holes and the like can affect the alignment on these little cars fairly easily. He said their alignments are warrantied, so if I get an alignment done directly from them, they will check it every time I bring the car in for a tire rotation and if it is out, they will align it at no additional cost. I do believe that is what I will do next time my tires need rotated.
    Anyhow, I'm not sure what the deal is with the service department, but I'm done dealing with them. This dealership is owned by the same one where I bought my car, but even though it is a farther drive for me, I'll give their service department a go the next time I need something done.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for your lousy dealer service dept. experience. Some dealerships are great to deal with. Others are a nightmare and run you in circles and flat out lie. The service depts. and sales depts. within the same dealership can vary greatly too. I had a horrible time with the sales dept. at my local Mitsu dealer, but their service dept. has been really good to me so far, with the exception of the prices of their oil changes. One time I come in, they tell me it's $60. Another time I go in, they tell me it's $42 because the tiny Mirage engine takes less oil. I've been a half dozen times and the price is never the same. I've started getting it changed at Walmart for less and also have them rotate my tires. I just hope they don't screw up my car because...well, it's Walmart. The last time I went they told me "I don't think we can service your car. It's too small to fit on the lift." Hahaha!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    That stinks to hear. Sadly, you aren't the only one who has had issues like this. Hopefully Mitsu is reading this and will take some action to improve their customer service.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    The dealership called me yesterday to schedule the axle replacement.
    I'm glad they finally figured it out.
    This is the one in gwinnet you were talking about? I have yet to get any kind of response from the people that took over the marietta location. Maybe I should be calling Mitsubishi directly myself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...I'm not sure what the deal is with the service department, but I'm done dealing with them.
    I agree that you got some questionable service, but look on the bright side...you are still well ahead of the game. That service department could have thrown you under the bus for the non-stock wheels/tires and the fact that your car was in a prior collision. But you rolled out of there with a $1000+ repair that didn't cost you a dime.

If that were my car, I'd find a reputable shop and spend a few bucks for an alignment and be done with it. At least it sounds like the dealer had the rear alignment checked after the new axle was installed. But at this point, I'm not sure I would trust either of these places that have touched your car so far. I would want some independent alignment numbers of my own. Maybe you can find a shop to check the alignment for free.

If the Tire shop just aligned your car a month ago, you would have had to nail some pretty bad road hazards to knock your front end out of whack. I'm not too impressed with your dealer or that tire store.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-07-2017),Mirager (07-07-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    This is the one in gwinnet you were talking about? I have yet to get any kind of response from the people that took over the marietta location. Maybe I should be calling Mitsubishi directly myself.
    Yes, they did finally acknowledge it was a warranty item, but they made me provide plenty of documentation to which they then submitted to corporate for approval. Took a couple of weeks, but they finally took action.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Ok, I'm pretty well done in dealing with Mitsubishi. Their service department is just lame.
    Anyhow, I'm not sure what the deal is with the service department, but I'm done dealing with them. This dealership is owned by the same one where I bought my car, but even though it is a farther drive for me, I'll give their service department a go the next time I need something done.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with that service department. Any automotive service department that has to sub-contract out alignment service is sub-par.
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-07-2017 at 09:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Mirager (07-07-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    I've started getting it changed at Walmart for less and also have them rotate my tires. I just hope they don't screw up my car because...well, it's Walmart.
    I buy oil change supplies from WalMart but am reluctant to let them service my cars. My sister lost an engine due to a WalMart oil change special.

At least check that they tighten the drain plug and filter properly, and cause no further damage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I buy oil change supplies from WalMart but am reluctant to let them service my cars. My sister lost an engine due to a WalMart oil change special.

At least check that they tighten the drain plug and filter properly, and cause no further damage.
    I supply the oil and filter and let them change it at Walmart. That way I know they don't overfill. They credit me for 5 quarts of oil and a filter because I supply my own which ends up costing me $18.00 to have them change it. My local Walmart here in Coos Bay the TIre Lube Express (TLE) employees are all a bunch of older guys 50+ so I haven't had any problems in 2 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

always good advice. one of the quick change places forgot to tighten my drain plug properly, but I caught it the next morning. could have been a disaster.

2014 White SE with CVT