View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

7 20.59%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

3 8.82%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

6 17.65%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 11.76%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

16 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Remy,

When you take your car over for this replacement, they will require you to pay for an alignment through them ($100), then if it is out of spec, they will go ahead and cover it under warranty. They won't accept a previous alignment check that was performed independent of their shop ordering it.
    Let me know if you need any additional information to get yours done.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    Remy,

When you take your car over for this replacement, they will require you to pay for an alignment through them ($100), then if it is out of spec, they will go ahead and cover it under warranty. They won't accept a previous alignment check that was performed independent of their shop ordering it.
    Let me know if you need any additional information to get yours done.
    I would talk that down. Only two of your wheels are adjustable so you shouldn't be paying $100 which would be a 4 wheel alignment price. Generally it's only 60 bucks for two wheel alignment.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I would talk that down.
    That or go to another dealership. My dealer didn't charge for the alignment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would talk that down. Only two of your wheels are adjustable so you shouldn't be paying $100 which would be a 4 wheel alignment price. Generally it's only 60 bucks for two wheel alignment.
    They outsource the alignment to Kauffman Tire, which has only one price for an alignment that is $79, regardless if it is 2 or 4 wheel alignment. The dealership upcharges the cost to $100.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    They outsource the alignment to Kauffman Tire, which has only one price for an alignment that is $79, regardless if it is 2 or 4 wheel alignment. The dealership upcharges the cost to $100.
    I wouldn't even get my alignment done there then and if they outsource it to a third party company anyway, then why can't you use a third-party company. That sounds like complete bull**** to me. I would raise my voice and make a scene. Either way have fun.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't even get my alignment done there then and if they outsource it to a third party company anyway, then why can't you use a third-party company. That sounds like complete bull**** to me. I would raise my voice and make a scene. Either way have fun.
    I totally agree. Funny thing is when I was originally looking for a place to get my alignment, I got a quote from Kauffman Tire, but realized that the Mitsubishi dealership was just around the corner from them and opted to have them do it instead, seeing as how Mitsubishi would know their vehicles better than a tire shop would...lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also since the rear is unadjustable all you really need them to do is check your alignment not actually do it. Alignment check almost every place I go to is free.