View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    Is there any way to get an actual alignment check, for free?
    Your dealer might check it for free if you tell them that the car is pulling to a side.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'll make a few more complaints about it not feeling right and take it back in another week or so.
    It sucks that you don't have your original tires. Maybe next time take in some pictures of tires that look like this and tell them that's what your original rear tires looked like...

Name:  toe.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  65.9 KB

Some people have approached Mitsubishi directly about their problem. I'm not sure what the best route for action is at this point. Hopefully someone who's gotten a new rear axle installed will chime in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Your dealer might check it for free if you tell them that the car is pulling to a side.
    Yeah...give them a reason (even if it's BS) to check your alignment. If they put some customer concern on the work order, it should be covered.

I took my new Mirage to an independent tire shop to pay for an alignment. Why? Because I wasn't sure I could trust my dealer to give me the right numbers or a legitimate printout. There are too many stories on here of dealers without working printers on their alignment machines or 'fudging' alignment numbers.

The tire shop thought it was a an odd request, but they checked it out, gave me a printout (which was all within spec), and then didn't charge me for it because they didn't have to adjust anything. I would have gladly paid them for it, but they wouldn't take my money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    I finally took my Mirage to the dealer for her oil change today, and I also wanted them to check the alignment. All they did to check my alignment was check tread wear, which is all between 7/32 and 9/32nds. My car has about 3,600 miles on it. I don't think I have enough miles to prove significant wear issues, but if something is wrong, I want it figured out while the alignment is still under warranty. Is there any way to get an actual alignment check, for free?
    Yes - and what they said above!

My dealership checked and adjusted mine after I mentioned that I noticed I have to hold my steering wheel to the left in order to drive straight down the road. My dealership, Sunnyside Mitsubishi, was very prompt in taking care of this. It may help to mention something like this to your dealer as this might give them something more concrete to work on.

Then call around for an independent shop that will check your alignment for free. I was able to get a free check at my local NTB.

Good luck and keep us posted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    I am going to a chain shop that offers free alignment checks next week. If it's bad, then I'm gonna have to start harassing a dealer. If it's good... that's almost unbelievable lol. I will post the results here when I get them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am going to a chain shop that offers free alignment checks next week. If it's bad, then I'm gonna have to start harassing a dealer. If it's good... that's almost unbelievable lol. I will post the results here when I get them.
    Maybe you are one of the lucky ones with proper alignment. If not, pray that the replacement is not off too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Don't forget to get a printout of the results.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My results are in!! Not quite what I was expecting, but I suppose it's better than the rear being way out, right? FYI my car was manufactured in December 2015. Now time to get it aligned properly at the dealer while it's still under warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spork For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-10-2016),Eggman (10-10-2016),R01k (10-10-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone taken a 2017 in for a check yet? Just curious.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm also hoping for a 2017 owner to chime in.