View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    It doesn't pull. The wheel is just very off-center. To drive straight, the wheel is turned to the 1 o'clock position.
    That could just be a result of the guys not centering the steering wheel before aligning the car. They're supposed to do that.

The good news is that if you do have a rear alignment issue, it may not be that bad. If your original Enasaves lasted 32K miles, that's pretty good...especially if you didn't rotate them regularly. Post your alignment numbers if you find them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Palebeachbum

If your only having issues after changing your tires check they're all evenly inflated. Nothing should change alignment wise after replacing tires with similarily sized tires

Edit--- i just read back further and seen you had an alignment. They must've done a great job lol

Ide be going back there today.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Trust me, Eggman, I'm going to continue pursuing a resolution until it's either fixed under warranty or I surpass the 60k mile warranty limit. That'll probably happen by late Spring/early Summer 2018.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A little long winded rant..

I called to setup an appointment for my airbag recall and to get my alignment checked.

There's no longer a mitsubishi dealership in Milwaukee. It closed. They were a pretty big and popular dealer, that now is Subaru specific. The closest one is in Waukesha WI (25-ish minute drive)

Also... Refused to check my alignment for free (understandably, there is no recall) should've had my friend call, he could sell sell salt to a slug. Currently waiting on a call back from his manager. I will be impressed/delighted if he calls.

I don't think i would be following thru on an axle swap unless it's way out of spec but it doesn't really hurt to check right? My tires are good and no other issues so if it's not free i won't be getting it checked.

I'm yet to have a positive dealership experience with mitsubishi hopefully this will be my first.

This threads 99 pages of fun so I'm sure it's been answered but what are you guys saying to get a free check? Or am i smoking magic beans?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    There are shops that will check your alignment for free. That is what many have done.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (12-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    There are shops that will check your alignment for free. That is what many have done.
    Hello doax... thanks for the obvious answer lol. I'm awake i swear it.

If they (mits) won't do it i think I'll do just that, thx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    There's no longer a mitsubishi dealership in Milwaukee. It closed. They were a pretty big and popular dealer, that now is Subaru specific. The closest one is in Waukesha WI (25-ish minute drive)
    I have been going to Amato Mitsubishi (near 76th/Brown Deer) since it's the closest to me up in Ozaukee county. I had a bad experience buying a car at Russ Darrow so I don't want to give them more business anyway. I didn't know Schlossman is no longer a Mitsubishi dealer?!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    I didn't know Schlossman is no longer a Mitsubishi dealer?!
    I was quite shocked too.... They were advertising mirages for $88/mo last month! I asked if they had any close out inventory and she told me, "i believe it's all been sold"

I didn't know about the one in Brown deer thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just found out myself when I got my front alignment. They still will probably give you the $19.95 alignment check deal if you ask, assuming you don't have someone to do it for free. When I saw the disaster that my front was, Moon told me it would be $80 to have it aligned, but immediately gave in when I suggested that the cost of the check should be applied toward the alignment. I don't know if that's a standard thing, as I returned on another day for the alignment itself, but she kept to her word and now my FRONT toe is in spec. That said, when I went back, the rear alignment readings were wildly different from the first check (still out of spec) so I don't know for certain if I should do anything about it. That said, I think I will continue going to Schlossman's for services, even though they don't do Mitsubishi warranty anymore. The tech who did the alignment took the time to come out and talk to me about how limited the Mirage's adjustments are to make sure I knew what I was getting.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    On Boxing day a neighbour backed into me catching my passenger side rear quarter panel bumper and wheel.

Got an alignment check and adjustment and the toe for the rear wheels was changed, apparently to +0.3° on each side.
    I saw that they were just out of spec by 0.1° when I brought this up the service rep said that "it's only a tenth and wouldn't be worth the cost to gain that last bit". Should I call shenanigans?

Here's the printout.
    Name:  img002.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  93.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)