View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

    7 20.00%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

    3 8.57%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

    7 20.00%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

    4 11.43%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

    16 45.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 989

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

  1. #951
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Remy,

    When you take your car over for this replacement, they will require you to pay for an alignment through them ($100), then if it is out of spec, they will go ahead and cover it under warranty. They won't accept a previous alignment check that was performed independent of their shop ordering it.
    Let me know if you need any additional information to get yours done.



  2. #952
    Senior Member HitShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 73 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    Remy,

    When you take your car over for this replacement, they will require you to pay for an alignment through them ($100), then if it is out of spec, they will go ahead and cover it under warranty. They won't accept a previous alignment check that was performed independent of their shop ordering it.
    Let me know if you need any additional information to get yours done.
    I would talk that down. Only two of your wheels are adjustable so you shouldn't be paying $100 which would be a 4 wheel alignment price. Generally it's only 60 bucks for two wheel alignment.

  3. #953
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,421
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 830 Times in 622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I would talk that down.
    That or go to another dealership. My dealer didn't charge for the alignment.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)


  4. #954
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I would talk that down. Only two of your wheels are adjustable so you shouldn't be paying $100 which would be a 4 wheel alignment price. Generally it's only 60 bucks for two wheel alignment.
    They outsource the alignment to Kauffman Tire, which has only one price for an alignment that is $79, regardless if it is 2 or 4 wheel alignment. The dealership upcharges the cost to $100.

  5. #955
    Senior Member HitShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 73 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirager View Post
    They outsource the alignment to Kauffman Tire, which has only one price for an alignment that is $79, regardless if it is 2 or 4 wheel alignment. The dealership upcharges the cost to $100.
    I wouldn't even get my alignment done there then and if they outsource it to a third party company anyway, then why can't you use a third-party company. That sounds like complete bull**** to me. I would raise my voice and make a scene. Either way have fun.

  6. #956
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I wouldn't even get my alignment done there then and if they outsource it to a third party company anyway, then why can't you use a third-party company. That sounds like complete bull**** to me. I would raise my voice and make a scene. Either way have fun.
    I totally agree. Funny thing is when I was originally looking for a place to get my alignment, I got a quote from Kauffman Tire, but realized that the Mitsubishi dealership was just around the corner from them and opted to have them do it instead, seeing as how Mitsubishi would know their vehicles better than a tire shop would...lol

  7. #957
    Senior Member HitShane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 73 Times in 62 Posts
    Also since the rear is unadjustable all you really need them to do is check your alignment not actually do it. Alignment check almost every place I go to is free.

  8. #958
    Member bzacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    looks like I'll have to fight the dealer on this one, i had my alignment checked today (38k miles) and after subaru city told me it was under 12mo, i called Mitsubishi directly and they told me the same. as a bonus, my headunit started cutting out in the cold 2k miles out of the 36k mark??? great service.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

    No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

  9. #959
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,765
    Thanks
    1,359
    Thanked 590 Times in 433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    looks like I'll have to fight the dealer on this one, i had my alignment checked today (38k miles) and after subaru city told me it was under 12mo, i called Mitsubishi directly and they told me the same. as a bonus, my headunit started cutting out in the cold 2k miles out of the 36k mark??? great service.
    Go to the first page and look at post #1 of this thread. This a 5 yr/ 60k coverage item.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.6 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.7 mpg (Imp)


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

    bzacon (12-03-2017),Daox (11-29-2017)

  11. #960
    Senior Member palebeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
    I was thinking the same. It should be covered under the 5yr/60k mile coverage. If I'm not mistaken, adjustment items are only covered for 12mos. Since tho misalignment is a non-adjustable item (it's a defect), Mitsubishi should cover replacing the rear axle. I've yet to get mine taken care of, but need to in the next few months. I'm at 51k miles.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •