Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage 1.2 vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - which has better mileage/fuel economy?

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    uh? the fiesta got a even smaller cargo? i geuss that the max with the rearback down right?
    because the boot of the mirage is really small....

Canoe - thanks for that extra info. Learned something new today.

Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    It's like putting a horse to pull a car without wheels everyday and giving two whips as the turbo, it will soon be over with the engine.
    And thanks for the laugh!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Canoe - thanks for that extra info. Learned something new today.

And thanks for the laugh!
    Anytime

Fiesta's cargo's bigger than space star's

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    2011 fiesta

Name:  ag_11fiesta_hatchtrunk.JPG
Views: 876
Size:  53.4 KB

2013 fiesta
    Name:  ford-fiesta-12.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  38.5 KB
    295 liters

mirage
    Name:  mitsubishi-mirage-10_0.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  45.3 KB
    235 liters!!

visual it seems that the boot of he fiesta is bigger!! and on dutch papers i read that is also bigger 295 for the fiesta and 235 for the mirage

maybe with the back seat down but thats not what i am going to do every time i go shopping for food
    Last edited by spacester; 10-30-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I c thanks for the info, i owned the 2008 fiesta previously

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Eco Model

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

I can just see the Mitsu folks dusting off their U.S. plans for the Mirage "ECO" now.

... lower ride height, underbody panels, slightly bigger/longer aero "spoiler", smart alternator with regen, eco-5th gear, start-stop...
    We can only hope!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ideally they would give it a 6 speed option like the chevy cruze eco adding an additional "eco" overdrive gear. Not that they would for cost reasons.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Mea Culpa

After reading Spacester's "correction", I did the typical "I must be right on the internet" thing and went back to my source to find proof. Turns out I was wrong. My apologies.

Per Ford of Canada the Fiesta cargo capacity is 719L seats down, 422L seats up. It was the ST model that has the reduced capacity of 286L seats up - I was looking in the wrong column or wrong model, it seems.

As the Mirage only provides one cargo volume number, and it is 487L, it seems likely that this measurement is with the seats down (maximum cargo).

Edit to add...

But wait - using the Ford Canada "compare vehicles" tool, I find this:
    Cargo Volume with Rear Seat Up (ft³)
    Ford Fiesta: 15.400
    Mitsubishi Mirage: 17.2
    Honda Fit: 20.6

With rear seat down - data not available for Mirage, but the Ford and Honda get 26 and 57.3 cubic feet respectively.

Also of note - the Ford of Canada compare tool is the most detailed I have seen - giving all sorts of information not included on others'. I did find one item at least, however, that seemed obviously incorrect - citing a range of over 2000 miles on the hwy for the Ford, and 1600 miles for the Fit. Likely a conversion error in the formula (between l/100km and MPG)
    Last edited by Canoehead; 11-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anybody know if the 2014 Fiesta 1 Liter in the USA comes with auto start/stop? On the Ford website is mentions regenerative braking of some sort (a smart alternator most likely) but no mention of auto start/stop. On the specs page for the USA Fiesta there is no data for the 1Liter engine, which is where one would probably find smart alternator and auto start/stop info.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    After reading Spacester's "correction", I did the typical "I must be right on the internet" thing and went back to my source to find proof. Turns out I was wrong. My apologies.

Per Ford of Canada the Fiesta cargo capacity is 719L seats down, 422L seats up. It was the ST model that has the reduced capacity of 286L seats up - I was looking in the wrong column or wrong model, it seems.

As the Mirage only provides one cargo volume number, and it is 487L, it seems likely that this measurement is with the seats down (maximum cargo).

Edit to add...

But wait - using the Ford Canada "compare vehicles" tool, I find this:
    Cargo Volume with Rear Seat Up (ft³)
    Ford Fiesta: 15.400
    Mitsubishi Mirage: 17.2
    Honda Fit: 20.6

With rear seat down - data not available for Mirage, but the Ford and Honda get 26 and 57.3 cubic feet respectively.

Also of note - the Ford of Canada compare tool is the most detailed I have seen - giving all sorts of information not included on others'. I did find one item at least, however, that seemed obviously incorrect - citing a range of over 2000 miles on the hwy for the Ford, and 1600 miles for the Fit. Likely a conversion error in the formula (between l/100km and MPG)
    looking at the pictures any human can see the fiesta got a larger ( with seats up )
    so dont know what they are comparing..