Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Chevrolet Spark (first test drive review)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like they made it a little bigger and looks like Thir copying the mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If they improved the Mirage's interior, as well as the HP, while keeping the MPG, the Mirage would be a strong contender. Right now, the only thing it has over the Spark is MPG, reliability and the long warranty. Sure, those are great (that's why we bought one), but most young people nowadays, it seems, buy cars based on word of mouth, not their own experiences. If they see the Spark has better reviews because of bias, they won't want the Mirage, no matter how wonderful they are.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would never trust a spark after seeing the issues they have in our service department haha
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate that they still have this car set up as a 4 seater. That's something I really hoped they would change. And I cant believe that they could only increase the fuel economy by 1 mpg hwy. That's a total FAIL!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I fully agree with you!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You mean the Dawoo Spark!!!!!! They are trying to copy the mirage from the pictures

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    I hate that they still have this car set up as a 4 seater. That's something I really hoped they would change. And I cant believe that they could only increase the fuel economy by 1 mpg hwy. That's a total FAIL!
    Honestly, how many people care about 5 passenger carrying capacity in this class?? Few, if any, people would ever dare stuff 3 across in these cars. It simply wouldn't be comfortable or practical, not even for small kids. So, to me, it makes more sense to make that narrow rear seat as comfortable as possible for 2. The Mirage's rear bench is as flat as it is to make that 3rd position possible. Imagine how much more comfortable the seat could be if they didnt have that compromise. They could also utilize that space for storage and/or cup holders, like they do in the current Spark.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Saw it at NYIAS! I love the looks of it.

Even though it has body lines and lights lifted from a Hyundai Elantra ...

It was in its own area and I couldn't look closer; my fear is that it's going to have a timing belt. If that's the case, I won't be considering one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carfreak09 View Post
    Honestly, how many people care about 5 passenger carrying capacity in this class?? Few, if any, people would ever dare stuff 3 across in these cars. It simply wouldn't be comfortable or practical, not even for small kids. So, to me, it makes more sense to make that narrow rear seat as comfortable as possible for 2. The Mirage's rear bench is as flat as it is to make that 3rd position possible. Imagine how much more comfortable the seat could be if they didnt have that compromise. They could also utilize that space for storage and/or cup holders, like they do in the current Spark.
    Well if you like the back seats so much why don't you just go buy a Spark then! I have 3 small kids and they will fit just fine! I want 5 seats. That's why I am here with the Mirage group!

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    @M88 The Spark certainly will have a timing belt the same engine is used in European Corsa's and Aveo (Sonic). You can better choose a Mirage or if you want something bigger then a Mazda 2 of Honda Fit.