Thread: Holy smokes! I met another Mirage owner!!

Holy smokes! I met another Mirage owner!!

Name:  20220227_102515.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  98.7 KB

Amazing: I met another local Mirage owner!!!

Young family, re-located to this area with a 2015 base, base, base model they bought off the showroom floor in 2016 in Saskatchewan ... because nobody else wanted it.

Technically it's "her" car, but he says he loves driving it. Loves the 5-speed. LOVES the fuel economy.

I asked "why didn't you buy a Micra like almost everybody else?" Price. They actually test drove a Micra, but the Mitsu dealer gave them a fantastic deal at $9k. (That's impressive for Canadian pricing).

Also, he said the dealer had huge vinyl advertising/lettering on the the car for so long, you can still see what it used to say it in certain light.

They love the car - zero problems except "the heater isn't the greatest". (I told him to check out the forum thread about the gummed up heater core.)

So that makes 5 (FIVE!) Mirages around here now. 2 pink ones, mine, my first silver one (that I sold), and a sunrise orange. At least 2 of them are "immigrants" (moved to the area, bringing the car). I'm not sure about the 4th one - the other pink one - haven't met them yet.

Funny story 1: she says old farmers in Saskatchewan had a habit of coming up and touching the car "for good luck". Something about the colour, she thinks. I've never heard of that before.

Funny story 2: I said, "well at least you'll never lose it in a parking lot." She said she actually came out of a store once and couldn't get the key to work in the door (base model, remember, key-actuated locks). Then she realized she was trying to get into someone else's pink Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

craigq (03-01-2022),CROSSBOLT (02-27-2022),Daox (03-03-2022),Fummins (02-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I cannot make any sense of the rear of the white car in the picture!

Good post, by the way!
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    I cannot make any sense of the rear of the white car in the picture!

Good post, by the way!
    Darin had his extended spoiler on Mirage #2, too! I don't remember if his Mirage #1 ever had it on?

Here is Mirage #2 in red with the same spoiler (post #51) -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ter-quot/page6

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Amazing: I met another local Mirage owner!!!

Young family, re-located to this area with a 2015 base, base, base model they bought off the showroom floor in 2016 in Saskatchewan ... because nobody else wanted it.

Technically it's "her" car, but he says he loves driving it. Loves the 5-speed. LOVES the fuel economy.

I asked "why didn't you buy a Micra like almost everybody else?" Price. They actually test drove a Micra, but the Mitsu dealer gave them a fantastic deal at $9k. (That's impressive for Canadian pricing).

It's always fun to meet people who have the same appreciation for the Mirage. They sound like my kind of people, who appreciated the great price ($9,000 for a new car) over features.

If you make a Mirage super affordable, I am all in!