Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good review: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES – The Practical Runabout (TFLcar.com)

Good review: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES – The Practical Runabout (TFLcar.com)

Name:  6a00d83451b18a69e20147e1169cc2970b-600wi1.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  25.9 KB

TFLcar gives ratings of

• Buy it!
    • Lease it!
    • Rent it!
    • … or Forget it!

When they reviewed the 2014 Mirage, they gave it a "Lease it". But the reviewer says 45 cars later "perspectives change," and he gives the 2015 top spec ES with CVT a "Buy it!" rating.

Pros:

- fuel economy
    - surprisingly roomy
    - decently equipped
    - slick-looking, aerodynamic exterior
    - supportive seats
    - easy to read gauges
    - ergonomic controls
    - low engine RPM at highway speed

Cons:

- awkward to use seat height adjuster
    - "marginal" cargo room with rear seats up
    - front cup holders "buried" under console
    - noisy engine under hard acceleration
    - "dead" steering feel

Overall:

The Mirage initially may appear to be just another inexpensive high-economy car, but those who look closer will see there’s a lot more to it than that.
    Read the full review: http://www.tflcar.com/2015/04/2015-m...nabout-review/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

alex16 (04-11-2015),CLARK (04-11-2015),debburyl (04-14-2015),inuvik (01-23-2017),Mikhail (04-11-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A Plus for Mirage!!! We need to post more positive post on that web site . To drown out Negitive comments..
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's great but I wish they would have posted a video of the test. I watch there YouTube channel all the time. Good stuff. I checked but there is no video of them with the Mirage but this article was posted last week so maybe they just haven't posted it yet???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Couple of things thou.....

One I did no know that the Mirage had "rear heater ducts" where are they? Can someone post a pic?

Two, "The all-disc anti-lock brakes work well" I thought the Mirage had Drums on the back?

Yeah, I like their videos too. But this TFLcar writer isn't one of the 2 guys who usually do their video reviews, so I don't know if we'll see one soon. They were complaining over a year ago that Mitsu hadn't offered them (the video guys) a car to review. Not sure why.

You caught one of the mistakes I saw (rear discs).

I'm not sure about the rear HVAC ducts -- a few Canadian reviews mentioned them. If they're installed, they'll be underneath the front seats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im shocked, TFL cars usually bashes Mitsu, so much that i have been banned from commenting on there site and youtube page lmao
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think Emme Hall likes the Mirage - and she had one when she reviewed it for another youtube based auto review. I wonder if that is why they can't get one?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine has the rear HVAC ducts under the front seats. Makes it a bit difficult for hiding things, but a nice feature to keep the rear warm or cool.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Heated rear floor is actually a very nice feature to have. I'm sure in the winter the rear passengers will appreciate toasty feet versus frozen ones. Way to go Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just read there 17 Honda civic review. What an overpriced bloated pos that car is. 21K for a base? Um hello. It's a civic. 3K curb weight? Pushing what my crown vic weighed. And DI and turbo? Nothing will go wrong with that in 30k miles. Gross. Glad I own 2 mirages

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)