Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest: name the new colors of the 2014 Mirage (U.S.)

Contest: name the new colors of the 2014 Mirage (U.S.)

Mitsu USA is offering 8 colours for the Mirage and running a contest to have people name the 4 bright ones. (Well, technically it's 4 shades and 4 colours, if I remember my art teacher....)

They're hosting it on their facebook page. Name one of the four colours each week, starting this week with red.

So far, lots of submissions - over 800 so far. Then we get to vote from a selected list.

The great thing is it's wide open. So, in addition to the serious submissions, Mitsu is also getting a few hilarious suggestions from people who are upset with the company for one reason or another (or just having fun with them).

Nothing on the page about whether there's a prize for the people who end up naming the colours in the end.

=-==--=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-

See also: Thread: Green is the most popular colour in France!

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Ohhh... This looks fun! I wonder how people will creatively name the colors...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

Well, they're on to naming the blue colour now...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Oh, man. They're on to the last colour - which they're calling "purple". (Looks more like pink to me.)

And they must be getting the highest number of comments for this one... up to 2684 at this point. As usual, some pretty funny ones, and more than a few taking cheap shots at Mitsu!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Now you can vote on the best colour name suggestions:

http://www.miragecolorcode.com/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I voted, quick and fun.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Voting results are in...

• KIWI
    • PLASMA PURPLE
    • SAPPHIRE BLUE
    • INFRARED

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    What do the people who submitted the color names get?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

They get a new Mirage in their winning colour, of course!!

Actually, I think all they get is their name in that image, above. Seriously.

I think I voted for Kiwi and Infrared. Don't remember what I picked for the other 2.