Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Brake pads worn out at 25K!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thought i would post some pictures of my pads at 40k, 25k hard uber/taxi/commercial use + I've pulled my tiny trailer a few times.

I think I've got about another 3-5k left in them.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  85.1 KB

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I wonder how thick the pad material is when the pads are new?

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    They fit without modification to my knowledge. I wasn't there to take any pictures of the brakes during the install.

EDIT: I think these are the ones, Wagner® - ThermoQuiet™ Ceramic Brake Pads
    Thanks for the photos. Do you have any part numbers on these? Perhaps they can be found on the invoice.

The reason I ask is because I strongly doubt these can be used on a Kia Soul.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My pads are still OK at 33,000 miles. But... I do something like 95% of my driving on the highway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I just bought my car yesterday. Holy cow I've never seen rotors so small before!

Even though my car only has 300 miles on it, I'm pulling the drums off tomorrow to check the rear shoe adjustment. I'll let you guys know what I find. My current car (Pontiac G5) has made me somewhat sensitive about the rear brakes. I can tell how far out of adjustment they are by how many clicks I get during a parking brake application. We'll see if the Mirage is the same way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks for the photos. Do you have any part numbers on these? Perhaps they can be found on the invoice.

The reason I ask is because I strongly doubt these can be used on a Kia Soul.
    Their invoice says; Installed WAGQC1731 :CERAMIC PADS

My wife took the car in as I had to work. I'll ask them the exact brand on Monday as I have to ask them something else...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Rock Auto says they can be used on the Mirage, with no reference to the Kia Soul.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=QC1731

Click on the part number in the search results to see vehicles that use this part.

Here is the Wagner part search: http://wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part

Wagner makes good brake parts. It's probably the same Wagner material the shop installs on their Kia Soul jobs, but not the same model.

The reason why I asked is because it is always good to know what parts might or might not work on our cars.

Anyway, how are they working for you? That's the important part.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Rock Auto says they can be used on the Mirage, with no reference to the Kia Soul.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=QC1731

Click on the part number in the search results to see vehicles that use this part.

Here is the Wagner part search: http://wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part

Wagner makes good brake parts. It's probably the same Wagner material the shop installs on their Kia Soul jobs, but not the same model.

The reason why I asked is because it is always good to know what parts might or might not work on our cars.

Anyway, how are they working for you? That's the important part.
    I hear you, but I'm not happy that they lied to my wife about them. They made it sound like they were installing a larger vehicles brakes so they would last longer. I know the material is better, but why lie about it? This is the third dealer I have been to since I bought this car and every one of them lies about things, doesn't do complete work, or in one case did donuts in my car in the gravel pit behind their shop putting a dent in my car and scratching the body paint/wheels. I really wish I could find a respectable dealer or even mechanic for that matter. I went through 3 mechanics with my Buick also and every time it took me hours to fix their professional mistakes. Cooling systems not bleed, vacuum hoses not re-installed, valve cover vent hose just crammed down against the block melting because they didn't know where it went! I just don't have the time to do the work or service or I would do it correctly myself. Looks like now I'll be trying a dealer 50 miles away to see if its any better. End Rant.

P.S. The brakes work exactly like the stockers. I can't tell any difference. The only reason I had them looked at was because they were making a new growl noise when hard stopping, as I stop and go close to 1000 miles a week in this car.

EDIT: Part of the problem is that all of the Mitsubishi dealers around here, use/share the KIA Service Centers.
    Last edited by HitShane; 03-13-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: EDIT

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    Their invoice says; Installed WAGQC1731 :CERAMIC PADS

My wife took the car in as I had to work. I'll ask them the exact brand on Monday as I have to ask them something else...
    Wagner Qc1731 are listed as application to 2014 Mirage on Amazon, so this is intended application(!)
    http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-Qc1731-Ceramic-Disc-Pad/dp/B014QDMLX0/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Mitsubishi|72&Mode l=Mirage|940&Year=2014|2014&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=a utomotive&vehicleId=9&vehicleType=automotive

There is a bunch of other pads listed for Kia Soul on many sites rockauto, local advance autoparts, etc. WOnder which year Soul is interchangeable?

Here is listing for QC1731 on RockAuto, $22 + ship
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/wa...brake+pad,1684

EDIT:
    Yes, rock auto lists them as application for 2014 Mirage, and it is not listed under Kia Soul, at least in recent years I've looked.

Wagner lists them as application to 2014 Mirage:
    http://www.opticatonline.com/part/wa...disc-brake-pad

Last edited by cyclopathic; 03-13-2016 at 07:50 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-13-2016)