Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine block heater installation video

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Hmm, I talked with the dealer today.
    He told me that it wouldn't be a problem to mount a engine heater, but I had to be Org. For the car.
    Otherwise it would woid the Warranty.
    So this ends my search a bit for a cartridge heater (that would fit so nice and "easy" in the hole in the block.) for now.
    I told him about the Catridge heater plug hole, but he actually didn't know that it was possible to get one that would fit in there.

So if we in Europe wants to mount the Cartridge plug heater like the video shows us (Kats 11182) we have to wait until the warranty period is gone and them we can mount one of those if somebody finds the right one that fits

(I'm not done searching, but I not going to invest so much time for it more. But if I see one and its cheap enough I will buy it and test if it fits without mounting it ! )

We could get the one thats made for the engine to and should be OK the dealer because it's made for the car.
    I will add a link later from defa or calix with the part number.
    But the problem here is, a dealer has to mount it, that's costs.
    And we can't get the parts used or find something that will work instead.
    The block heater for the EU Mirage is mounted under the car at the block/oil pan.. so it's hard to access if you like me don't hace a garage or a lift.. I keep the thread updated...

Last edited by uheym; 03-10-2016 at 01:45 PM.