Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine air filter replacement video

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Engine air filter replacement video

While I was in a video-making mood this morning, I decided to make a quick one showing the replacement of the engine air filter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-22-2016),lot lota (11-12-2015),MetroMPG (11-22-2016),mitsumi (01-20-2016),R01k (04-18-2015),Teasmade (04-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup! Super easy to replace just like most of the light bulbs as well! Very good for owners, less money spent on repair bills!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It's good to see the basics so well thought out, isn't it! And a good video too!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    does anyone know where you can get replacement filters? I have only been able to find the K&N type. But I just want a basic Fram-type paper filter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    does anyone know where you can get replacement filters? I have only been able to find the K&N type. But I just want a basic Fram-type paper filter.
    Any auto parts that carries Wix, Baldwin or Hastings filters will be able to get you one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

how many miles for air filter?

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Any auto parts that carries Wix, Baldwin or Hastings filters will be able to get you one.
    About how many miles before the filter needs changed? I know Mitsubishi recommends 30k but wondering how dirty the filter typically is at 30k. Highway driving of course, no off road. Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I think the best way to know if you have to replace the filter really is to just look at it.

Also, I've added this thread to the Mirage Modifications, Customizations & DIY list.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    This is why I love Japanese cars in general but especialliy our Mirage. Just clip off the clips, clean and/or replace and your done.
    @Tomrad: look at it, between the layers u will finde dirt & stuff. Cleaning is out with pressured air or simple claps on it, carefully or a vacuum cleaner should to the trick. Never a bad idea to keep it clean since I wouldn't want crap via the air income into my motor.

Our dealer, in the Netherlands, uses standardized costs and this change would cost like 40 Euro as part of the interval inspection. I go to the dealership, laughing my ass off and saying thank you I'd rather do it myself. Crazy expensive, DIY is the way to go!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This is why I love Japanese cars in general but especialliy our Mirage. Just clip off the clips, clean and/or replace and your done.
    @Tomrad: look at it, between the layers u will finde dirt & stuff. Cleaning is out with pressured air or simple claps on it, carefully or a vacuum cleaner should to the trick. Never a bad idea to keep it clean since I wouldn't want crap via the air income into my motor.

Our dealer, in the Netherlands, uses standardized costs and this change would cost like 40 Euro as part of the interval inspection. I go to the dealership, laughing my ass off and saying thank you I'd rather do it myself. Crazy expensive, DIY is the way to go!
    Tried working on a Ralliart colt? LOL
    Bumper off to change the headlight globes.
    Battery out to change the air filter -.-