Thread: License plate tow hook mount

Country
    United States
    Thanks

License plate tow hook mount

I have bought several tow hook license plate mounts for my new Mirage because it doesn't have any holes for it in the bumper because it's brand new....l have had to send every single one back because they didn't fit...l know there is another thread on this, but l'm interested if anyone knows of other tow hook plate mounts that fit the Mirage from a different manufacturer...l'm not buying another tow hook kit if it doesn't fit...someone mentioned that a subaru brz plate kit fits But l want someone to confirm before l start looking...Plus l'm tired of having my plate side around in the windshield...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I have bought several tow hook license plate mounts for my new Mirage because it doesn't have any holes for it in the bumper because it's brand new....
    In my area, many dealers have already tapped holes in the front bumpers for plates. If you shop for cars on line, it appears that many new Mirages have dealer front plates already installed. If a car must have a front plate, I prefer the center of the front bumper look. Cost = 2 screws. Simple!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I have bought several tow hook license plate mounts for my new Mirage because it doesn't have any holes for it in the bumper because it's brand new....l have had to send every single one back because they didn't fit...l know there is another thread on this, but l'm interested if anyone knows of other tow hook plate mounts that fit the Mirage from a different manufacturer...l'm not buying another tow hook kit if it doesn't fit...someone mentioned that a subaru brz plate kit fits But l want someone to confirm before l start looking...Plus l'm tired of having my plate side around in the windshield...
    I bought this, and it fit perfectly: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-...T/192625326976

Besides the kit, I needed a wrench to hold the nuts steady behind the plate while I tightened the screws in from the front, and some blue locktite for each screw and the spacer. It's held up nicely so far for almost a year now.
    Last edited by cookiemonster; 04-22-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    I bought this, and it fit perfectly: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-...T/192625326976

Besides the kit, I needed a wrench to hold the nuts steady behind the plate while I tightened the screws in from the front, and some blue locktite for each screw and the spacer. It's held up nicely so far for almost a year now.
    l ordered one for a Mitsubishi Evo, when it comes this week and if it doesn't fit...l'll try the one on ebay...l originally wanted to order 1 and ended up with 4, lol....thakfully l could send 3/4 back....