Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement Sparkplug option?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XxPuNTeRxX View Post
    was thinking of getting a hoter plug 'cause I keep the engine 2k rpm and below quite consistently. Any ideas?
    Since you can't adjust the timing there really isn't any reason to run a hotter plug. Since the electrode on a hotter plug protrudes deeper into the combustion chamber it is more susceptible to over heating and causing pre-detonation "pinging" which would cause the computer to retard the timing. This is the exact opposite of what you want. It would be worth running a colder plug if you could crank up the advancement to 15 degrees BTDC but since you can't not worth the effort.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Actually, hotter plugs don't protrude farther, they just have a deeper ceramic cone. You can't change the timing on these like you can on a distributor, since these have a coil-on-plug design. The only solution is changing the heat range of the plug to suit your driving conditions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    hi im from philippines i have a question regarding spark plugs, it has oil in threads but the tip has no oil, i have no oil consumption and no smoke at startup, i have a pix hope it is normal thnx

Name:  spark.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  spark1.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  91.9 KB

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    maybe i have a valve stem seal issue i hope not.. may odometer is 27,600km thnx

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forms. Start a garage and post some pics.

Those plugs are fine man... No worries. Clean them or replace them and you'll be fine.

The fact you said no smoke or consumption answers almost all questions... But you're worrying for no reason.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kashrah View Post
    I took out my sparkplugs to see their condition and noticed some burn marks on the ceramic part. Is that normal. Also the plug model used in my car (JDM) is DILFR6A-11 where as someone else posted images of their spark plugs on the forum which shows LZFR5BI-11 I believe its the export version. so I would like to know what is the difference other than the heat rating. Also I am not able to find either models in Pakistan hence can someone tell me an equally good alternative for these plugs.

Rgds
    Kashif Rahman
    Curious if any forum members can comment on why the above two plugs have different heat ratings? Only thing I can think of is perhaps they came off different engine sizes?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried the BRISK Premium EVO?

Name:  Evo Flyer smaller for website_0.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  55.9 KB

Name:  Brisk Spark plugs.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  66.0 KB