Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio and Key issues [Update: solved!Check for loose fuse]

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Name:  WP_20150519_002.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  95.1 KB
    i would like also to include in here, before this thing happened and before the car was released from the dealer when we test the car the key beeping sound did occur the first time they started the car and i noticed that the mitsubishi agent did something below the dashboard. just today i remembered that he reached into something below so i went to search and got a pic.

what is the red button on the pic? its located on the lower left of the dashboard under the fusebox.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mirage DE does not have a button or bracket like this. Could it be something the dealer added?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    anyone else doesnt have this button? because if its not included ill ask the dealer what its for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would say whatever that is,it is not factory installed.

I would call the dealership and ask them what the salesman was doing under the dash on that occasion because you found a red button and would like to know what it is!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i already spoke with the dealer, they told me that the red button was for the alarm system for reset, armed and disarmed the alarm. but i was wondering if its for the alarm why do they have to press it before when the beeping sound occured. anyways atleast its clear now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Here's what i got. i did push the yellow color and it did was a bit loose beacuse i felt it. hope this works because im busy at the moemnt, and cant confirm yet.
    Attachment 2961Attachment 2962
    My radio/clock (2017 Mirage ES) started cutting out this week (7 months ownership & approximately 9000 miles). At first I thought it was an issue between my cell phone & Bluetooth. Soon discovered that wasn't it. Did a search on the forum & discovered this one.

The yellow box holding two fuses (one specifically for the radio) was not pushed in all the way! Problem solved! Gotta love a simple solution!

Don't be afraid to give it a good shove in. You can actually feel it slip in place. Mine was definitely not pushed in all the way.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-18-2018),inuvik (05-19-2018),Top_Fuel (05-20-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been having this radio/headunit problem intermittently, but usually only in cold weather. the whole thing goes dark. I don't think it's the fuses on the yellow thing because I made sure they were pushed in and sometimes it still cuts out Dealer said it's out of warranty even though the bumper to bumper is still in effect.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    I've been having this radio/headunit problem intermittently, but usually only in cold weather. the whole thing goes dark. I don't think it's the fuses on the yellow thing because I made sure they were pushed in and sometimes it still cuts out Dealer said it's out of warranty even though the bumper to bumper is still in effect.
    Have you checked any other electrical connections? They are often the most likely cause of problems like this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts

Worth a second look -

Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    I would give the yellow fuse box a second check. My hand doesn't fit very easily through the dash opening for the fuses. I thought that I had pushed in the fuse, but I was mistaken the first time I tried. Within a day or two the problem returned (radio/clock go blank).

Thus, I tried again. Although the fuse felt pushed in, it wasn't. The yellow fuse box made a definitely shift in when I pushed more assertively the second time. Give it a good push! It's worth a second try!
    Last edited by Mark; 05-24-2018 at 04:07 AM.

I noticed on a pdi form I found in a 19’ mirage that there was a fuse to engage before delivery. I assume it might be the yellow one that people have problems with. So this problem is probably caused by the flunky at the dealership doing a half assed job. I checked a few brand new 19’s and found 2 cars that didn’t have that fuse pushed in all the way. Little things like that are pretty irritating to find. I have no idea how our one local dealer sells so many cars.

Edit: I just read a few posts from the first page and I’m just repeating what was already said. Again����*♂️

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)