Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Mirage owners, question for you

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Texas Mirage owners, question for you

We are driving from Michigan to Arizona in a couple weeks. I have heard Texas State Police like to ticket drivers not going speed limit. Wanting to save fuel, I want to try and drive 60 MPH, but don't want to get a ticket doing so. What's my chance of getting a ticket for going too slow on I-40 from OK thru to NM?

Last edited by JimInMichigan; 05-12-2015 at 07:01 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Probably won't be ticketed but I wouldn't risk my safety of myself and others to save fuel. We have speed limits 75-85 here. Would be life threatening to do 60 on the highway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicki Mirage For This Useful Post:

kerc (05-17-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi JimInMichigan,

A few years back the wife and i took that route on our way to Colorado, i believe speed limit is 75 and if you stay in the right lane keeping it around 62 to 65 is going to be fairly safe. when you go through big city areas if its heavy traffig then there might be police watching but if you aren't impeding traffic i doubt they will bother you.

When we made our trip I would only run 58 when the wife wasn't watching because when it was her time to drive she has a hard time keeping it under 70 LOL Have a safe trip with what ever speed you decide.

thanks for reading,
    Don

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanx guys. I called TSP and was told they don't ticket 60 MPH drivers. Yes, posted limit is 75 MPH, there is no posted minimum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Depends on the highway. Most metro (multilane) highways are not 75 mph. Usually 70+ are going to be the 2 lane, and the toll roads.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Jim, with the way society is getting you probably will be ok at 60 MPH, the only thing you might encounter is "ROAD-RAGE" and lately that is getting pretty deadly. I hope the gas mileage is worth it! I would take along a gun, as a bonafide traveler you should be ok with it in the glove box, even without a concealed permit.

If you don't already have it here is a URL for the Mitsubishi Roadside Assistance app for your cell phone, as long as you are under warranty this is free I think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ero.mitsubishi

or here

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/my-garage

This is the "Owners" site and "My Garage" for the roadside assistance app at the bottom of the page.

A retired 30 year police officer,
    Carl
    Last edited by cchataway; 05-16-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    60 is just way too slow for Texas highways period. At least do 70 or stay off the highway

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well said Nicki

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Jim, with the way society is getting you probably will be ok at 60 MPH, the only thing you might encounter is "ROAD-RAGE" and lately that is getting pretty deadly. I hope the gas mileage is worth it! I would take along a gun, as a bonafide traveler you should be ok with it in the glove box, even without a concealed permit.
    I appreciate your concerns, but I am too ugly for most to mess with:

I also have a concealed pistol permit, which is honored in most states.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimInMichigan For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (05-20-2015),kerc (05-17-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki Mirage View Post
    60 is just way too slow for Texas highways period. At least do 70 or stay off the highway
    Cripes, a bunch of road rage internet commandos. Maybe I joined the wrong forum.