Thread: Mirage TPMS required in Europe, also US? Elsewhere?

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

Mirage TPMS required in Europe, also US? Elsewhere?

Off topic.

All new cars in Europe must also have TPMS ..
    (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/new...-TPMS-imminent

If one tyre losses 20 pct. Or under 1,5Bar, there should be a light alarm in the display ..

Do you have that in US or outside of EU?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Tpms is available outside Europe but it's optional.
    I believe the crooked passenger wiper arm is a result of North Ametican regulation as is the red reflector behind rear wheel in Canada.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Per Tirerack.com, it's been a US requirement for several years now. Sure adds to the cost of getting a second set of wheels/tires!

In the fall of 2000, following several fatal accidents involving tire inflation, tire failure and vehicle rollover, a bill called the Transportation Recall, Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation Act (TREAD) was signed into law. This law mandates the use of a suitable TPMS technology in order to alert drivers of a severe under-inflation condition of their tires. All new models produced after September 2007 are required to have the system. - See more at: http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/contac....V1dZ0f7K.dpuf

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-15-2015),MetroMPG (05-15-2015)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    Tpms is available outside Europe but it's optional.
    I believe the crooked passenger wiper arm is a result of North Ametican regulation as is the red reflector behind rear wheel in Canada.
    Aha
    But actually the wiper arm on the U.S. Model, I think is a short bit longer, so you get a few cm / inches more WIPED or am I incorrect here?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    stupid bmw the light comes on when the pressure is too high.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    Aha
    But actually the wiper arm on the U.S. Model, I think is a short bit longer, so you get a few cm / inches more WIPED or am I incorrect here?
    You are correct. I got that same answer from Mitsubishi's PR rep: the different right side wiper setup is to meet a "minimum swept area" regulation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)