Thread: What to use?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question What to use?

Sorry for my ignorance since its my first time to have a car and i really dont have any ideas about cars & engines. Pls. Move my post if its in the wrong thread. Thank you

Is it possible for you guys to post what type/things/brands you are using for your Mirage. What i mean is does it depend on the brands we use for our car? Like for oil, coolant, gas etc.? So thatbi could atleast have an idea to take good care of my mirage. Or if you have any links that could direct me to thread here that has newbie know how for their car would be awesome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you want to take care of the car just use the Mitsubishi recommended fluids.

I personally use the Mitsubishi synthetic 0-20 motor oil. It's only 3.2 quarts per oil change so I'm not trying to save money there.

If I ever needed coolant,I would only use the Mitsubishi coolant. (dark blue-green coolant).

For gas I just run the lowest grade 87 octane gasolene with up to 10% ethanol that they put in it around here.

Does it really need the Mitsubishi fluids? I don't know but this is my first new car too so I will use what Mitsu recommends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mitsubishi dealership uses castrol edge full synthetic 0w20. I had 2 free oil changes from them, I have the 5 speed so I changed my transmission fluid to redline, the engine oil will soon be eneos 0w20 with Napa gold filter, coolant will be Mitsubishi green until 100k warranty is done then I'll be switching to Honda blue, I am a Honda guy forgive me haha, a good coolant like Mitsubishi or Honda is rated for 100k I believe, have to double check my owners manual. If you have the cvt Mitsubishi cvt fluid is the only choice to keep warranty I believe, for gasoline I like going to newer gas stations with tons of business, fresh gas, fresh pump filters, fresh underground tanks.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    If you want to take care of the car just use the Mitsubishi recommended fluids.

I personally use the Mitsubishi synthetic 0-20 motor oil. It's only 3.2 quarts per oil change so I'm not trying to save money there.

If I ever needed coolant,I would only use the Mitsubishi coolant. (dark blue-green coolant).

For gas I just run the lowest grade 87 octane gasolene with up to 10% ethanol that they put in it around here.

Does it really need the Mitsubishi fluids? I don't know but this is my first new car too so I will use what Mitsu recommends.
    Why is that, the dealer here told me to use high octane gas i think he said 90 above he even recommends Shell Nitro+ will there be any changes if i use a lower octane gas?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Just use normal gas, whatever that is, is in Manila.
    more octane more power, but there is no big difference of normal and high octane if you ask me.
    Just go with the octane nr that mitsubishi say, and you are fine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

3dplane (05-17-2015),mitsumi (05-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Use Mitsubishi stuff just to be safe and stick to the manuals. Otherwise, you'll get insane trying to follow everyone's own recommendations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)