Thread: tire size options

Country
    United States
    Thanks

tire size options

does anyone know about the widest tire we can mount on the stock 14" alloys? would 185/60/14 fit ok?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btavish View Post
    does anyone know about the widest tire we can mount on the stock 14" alloys? would 185/60/14 fit ok?

I have that on my car and fits perfectly even with a 14x6 wheel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The answer is yes they will fit but I don't think it will give you a full 185/60 contact patch (I may be wrong)
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you both for your input, I wanted to put wider tires with more grip but wanted to also have a full contact patch. Perhaps h rated 175/65-14 for stock alloys and then 185/60-14 with a wider wheel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage es 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I may ask a question, why would you want a wider tire?

My thoughts against it is the Mirage can't hold enough weight to warrant a wider tire. Wider tires get less fuel mileage. Surely cant drive like a speed demon and need the extra traction.

Just for looks?

I'm not condemning, just curious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.6 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInMichigan View Post

My thoughts against it is the Mirage can't hold enough weight to warrant a wider tire. Wider tires get less fuel mileage. Surely cant drive like a speed demon and need the extra traction.

Just for looks?

Lateral grip

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have less than 2000 miles on my Mirage so far. but tires were one of the reasons i liked the car, 14s are not expensive I wont be going back with stock just because they are to expensive, you can get the 175 65 14s for about 45 dollars each and less if you catch a sale. the stock tires are closer to 100 each. No reason for me to stick with them. I will lose a minor amount of mpg but the way i drive it wont be much and hopefully by the time i ware these tires out i wont need to track the mileage as i should know how to dive this car to get its best mpgs. If i don't know by then, well it just means i have a problem with the nut behind the wheel.

just my two cents

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInMichigan View Post

Just for looks?

I do. All day, every day... Well, most days at least.

I have found that the stock tires are great for 'normal' to 'fast' driving.
    But with my 15" with 195s, there is so much grip that the next thing to do to go faster around corners is upgrade the suspension.

Also remember that wider tires would more than likely mean better stopping distance too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You will be shocked to realize that 14s are getting more expensive. Even the 15s are on their way out. Most cars come with 16 plus and those tires are more common and price does go down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)