Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Tail lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes 3dplane and a few others reported traction control/abs lights coming on after switching to led tail light bulbs in stock housings... 3dplane had to add a diode to solve this issue with the taillights.

*link to 3dplanes led thread*
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...te-etc-)/page2

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yikes. I don't think I'm willing to risk all that mess. Maybe if these lights were cheaper it wouldn't be a big deal but we are talking nearly $400 for a product that may cause issues. I'm out on this one boys

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    understood! I am all for these tail lights! I am sure once I have coilovers, side skirts, and a few more ultra racing goodies out of the way these will be on my to do list, even if they require adding a diode as 3dplane did, it would just be nice if they were plug and play... or plug and stop? haha
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Exactly. I was all ready to order if it was simple as pluging the ******* in. But I'm not getting all into cutting wires and stuff. At$400 these should be plug and play

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    Yes 3dplane and a few others reported traction control/abs lights coming on after switching to led tail light bulbs in stock housings... 3dplane had to add a diode to solve this issue with the taillights.

*link to 3dplanes led thread*
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...te-etc-)/page2
    Yes,what a mess that was! Thanks for the link,I had to read it because I already forgot what exact trouble I was going through in 2013 with the cheapo LED bulbs.

Now I believe if the lamp/LED circuit was designed from the ground up to deal with the mirage's sensitive modules in mind,they could probably build it in a way that it could be (and it should be) plug and play!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah and at $400 they should have made it that way. Test the products

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Nicki, my trooper buddy said if the tail lights can be seen through the tint then you are good to go. And after reading your other post I guess the lights are a dead issue, and I don't blame you, why create a problem for you and if the lights create an issue that requires dealership work the warranty might be at risk.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Jackson, this may have already been asked but, have you had any electrical problems since installing the custom tail lights?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I was really wondering if Jackson had to do anything other than plug and play

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    LED brake lights will always screw around with the system, as they draw less. They can cause the cruise control to stop working, the abs to malfunction.
    LED turn signals will also cause the remaining halogen bulbs to flash rapidly as they draw less than what is needed.