Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted a Blue Mitsubishi Mirage ES in Quitman Texas today

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Spotted a Blue Mitsubishi Mirage ES in Quitman Texas today

Hi Guys,

I Spotted a Mitsubishi Mirage in Quitman Texas today. It was blue and the guy driving it was at Sonic. I zipped in to see how he liked it. and like it he did. It was a good looking Blue ES with a CVT trans. he siad he loved it. asked him about the mpgs he has gotten he said tanks were averaging between 42 and 45 mpgs.

He wasn't a Hypermiler or anything as i observed the car running with the head lights on while he waited for his order at the Drive through window, im am guessing he had the AC going to as i had him roll down the window to chat. Counting my car this is only the 3rd i have seen since purchasing ours last month. The other one i was 2 days ago in a parking lot while the wife and i were on the road to Longview. The look pretty sharp out in public.

thanks for reading
    Don

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Don, I know what you mean by Mirage's being scarce? I live just north of San Antonio and I've seen only one purple Mirage, I waved at the young kid driving and he flipped me off. See if I invite him to join our forum!! LMAO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cchataway For This Useful Post:

Don (05-30-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was funny, at least we know that isn't the typical Mirage driver.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen a lot of Mirages in the last couple of months around San Antonio...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see at least 4 a day on the south west side of San Antonio. It makes me wonder what West Loop Mitsubishi is letting them out the door for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Texas,,,, is invaded with Mirage,s I think there's more mirage,s in Texas then anywhere else
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

kerc (06-09-2015)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cchataway View Post
    Don, I know what you mean by Mirage's being scarce? I live just north of San Antonio and I've seen only one purple Mirage, I waved at the young kid driving and he flipped me off. See if I invite him to join our forum!! LMAO

I'll be down at Canyon Lake here in about 2 weeks. Don't know if I'll have my Mirage down there or if we will take the truck. It's pretty hard to beat the gas mileage of the Mirage, but the truck has a LOT more interior room and storage room under the bed cover for my scooter and the stroller.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well . . . I guess I need to get out more often!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don, that's great what you did when you saw that Blue Saphire Beauty!!!! Did you tell him about the Forum? That's the way it was here in the Pacific Northwest when I got mine in March of 014 it seemed like I was the Lone Ranger here with a blue Saphire mirage. But everyone that saw it loved it! And slowly I started seeing more mirage,s going around. To where today I see at least 3or 4 a day here. But I've noticed a lot of women driving them. Today I saw a white, black , kiwi . I bet that made your day.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi debburl,

I told him about the forum, i told my dealer about the forum too. heck i tell everyone about the car and the forum because both are great and go hand in hand. Most of the people i talk to know that i drive slow and like to get the best fuel numbers i can..i tell them to me Smoking Cigs and Driving a gas hog are the same in that the main product is just being burnt up. So some think that the little car gets great fuel mileage because of how i drive it. I tell them about my wife then. then i can see the wheels start turning in their heads. I haven't driven the car in almost 2 weeks except to go fill the tank for my wife.

She has been working far enough away from home to need to drive the car. ruffly 110 miles a day. I only drive it to the gas station to fill so she doesn't have to. all of her tanks have been over 45 mpg avg and the last two were 46.5 and 47.5. the people at her work have named the car the little green frog lol and the wife has fallen in love with it. to the point that she says she thinks when her truck is paid off she might be getting another Mirage for her to drive. hard not to love transport that is fun to drive and with AC running bust 45 mpg avg to a normal driver.

Thanks for reading, Don

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

debburyl (06-09-2015)