Thread: AutoZone fog light install

Country
    United States
    Thanks

AutoZone fog light install

So I finally got around to getting some fog lights, and picked up a set from AutoZone. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go with blue or yellow tinted lights, but these had both depending on the angle, so I picked them up.

The installation was a bit tricky, since I basically had to make my own mounts. Ended up trimming a piece of coroplast down and using a screw through the little hole in front to make a little shelf for them to sit on. Hopefully it'll hold up alright, feels fairly solid.

The wiring was pretty straightforward, except the switch-to-ground and power wires were rather short. Had to use some random spare wire for the ground, and just barely got the power wire to reach. On my last set, I just stuck the plug in a slot in the fuse box, but it wouldn't work on this one, so I actually ran it out to the battery.

Getting the wires through the firewall wasn't as easy as I'd hoped, since the OEM harness is all nice and sealed, so I ended up sticking a screwdriver past the side of the grommet and sliding the wires past, hoping the grommet doesn't pinch the wire too much against the metal.

For the switch, I trimmed it down and stuck it in the blank slot between the traction control and bluetooth buttons. A little rough around the edges, but not bad for $20 and half a day's work.

Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-24-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cani lupine,,, you did a awesome job!!!! Now you can come do mine!!!lol was the lights for a mirage? Or they were the wright size? Were they exspensive ?
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks good. Link to autozone product?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    don't forget to cut them off with them being hooked directly to the battery!! Nice work thou

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice work!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    These bulbs are definitely more show than go. Not very bright at all. XD I had a set of driving lights on my first car that worked VERY well lighting up the areas the headlights missed and the sides of the road, which was great for spotting deer before they run out in front of me.

Just tried looking on the website, but can't find the exact pair. These come close, but it says it doesn't come with the switch, and mine did: http://www.autozone.com/lighting-fog...ht/413382_0_0/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool. I installed the Yellow Hella Optilux headlight bulbs, they're not bad.

What did you do your wheel caps?