Thread: Do You Still Slam the Door?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Do You Still Slam the Door?

Maybe it's only my car, but almost a year later I'm not completely accustomed to push my doors softly enough not to slam them, but strongly enough to closed them completely. The same happens to my girlfriend. Often we either slam or let them half closed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Same with mine. I think it's just cause the doors are so light

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No , I don't Slam my Door . To close the door. I think that's Hard on any door. No matter what car you have. It's only common sence that tells you that if you abuse your car it's not going to hold up, no matter what kind of car you have. So I try not to abuse my cars. And they seem to last a long time.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It does take a little getting used to the force you need to use to get them closed. I still miss closing them occasionally but that will work out with some time. Lightweight with the air pressure fighting you, but try not to slam them.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My back doors don't get used much, so they're still more difficult to close. I'd rather have it half-close and push it in with my backside than slam it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hopefully you don't shut the door with your back side you might end up having some dents in your Doors lol lol my 93 festiva had some dents in the doors. And I figured out how they got there is by the way they closed the door. So I would put my hand on the glass and push it shut. And that did the trick...
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Hopefully you don't shut the door with your back side you might end up having some dents in your Doors lol lol my 93 festiva had some dents in the doors. And I figured out how they got there is by the way they closed the door. So I would put my hand on the glass and push it shut. And that did the trick...
    I dented the trunk once on my previous car closing it with my elbow. I'm carefull not to push the doors too hard on my Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The doors are quite light on the Mirage, but the door STOP strap seems quite stiff. It almost seems as though this strap were designed for a car with much heavier doors and just borrowed from Mitsubishi's 'parts bin' for use on the Mirage.

I have to close my doors with more force than I care to use, especially if all the windows are up. Kinda like an old Beetle...these cars seem to seal up pretty well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've gotten the hang of it already. If it does not rain often where you're from, crack the rear window open. It makes it a tad easier.