Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My basic issue with UR sway bar besides poor paint job as they tend to rust within a few months of instruction, is that they charge $250 for what is essentially $100-150 product. And it is $250 not for 60K corvette, $250 for 10k mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    My basic issue with UR sway bar besides poor paint job as they tend to rust within a few months of instruction, is that they charge $250 for what is essentially $100-150 product. And it is $250 not for 60K corvette, $250 for 10k mirage.
    Well I'll keep everyone informed, but I have already had to drive through 2-3 feet of water constantly for several days strait on and off since I got my bar installed, and there is no rust yet. I put about 1,000 Miles a week on my car. I only paid around $250 with- installation. The rest of the bars in the set are closer to $100 each. The sway is the most expensive because it is a solid bar! Just a nice white powder coat. I know someone before had the weld rust and break and UR replaced his bar even after 3 years... This is a solid bar as why it is so much, most of them are hollow. Either way if you are comparing mirages with corvettes, a corvette's service is $3,834 alone for the third year Many performance cars, have $500 services several times a year. Actually, by the third year, your corvette has cost you $15,232 in depreciation, taxes, fuel, maintenance, insurance, repair, and financing.

http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/corvet...ostofownership
    Last edited by HitShane; 02-13-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have installed ARBs on other cars and never paid more than $170 for bar. That one had links and the type used on Mirage generally $30-40 cheaper. The reason UR costs so much because there are no alternatives, they cone the market at least in US. In countries where there are alternative the very same bar costs a friction.

With respect to rust I'd worry about salt not water.

Solid bars btw are cheaper to make than tubular, especially in such small 19mm size

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I was just poking around the internet looking for stuff today and I remembered Ultra Racing makes suspension stuff. I decided to check them out and sure enough, they already have a fair amount of products designed for the Mirage on their Malaysian website.

Anyway, here is what they offer:

Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace - Code: UR-LA4-2026
    Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar - Code: UR-TW2-2024
    Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower Bar - Code: UR-RE2-2025
    Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace - Code: UR-RL4-2027
    Rear Torsion Bar / Rear Frame Brace - Code: UR-RT2-2028
    Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar (19mm diameter) - Code: UR-AR19-422

Here are some images from their site:

Front Lower Bar / Front Member Brace - Code:UR-LA4-2026

Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar - Code: UR-TW2-2024

Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower Bar - Code: UR-RE2-2025

Rear Lower Bar / Rear Member Brace - Code: UR-RL4-2027
    Rear Torsion Bar / Rear Frame Brace - Code: UR-RT2-2028
    Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar - Code: UR-AR19-422

Is it possible to feel the difference?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    You will definitely feel reduced body roll and improved handling with rear anti-roll bar.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

HitShane (02-25-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    alot has vouched for the biggest difference maker would be the rear anti sway bar.

you'd only feel the difference with the other bracings when you like to take corners fast esp in mountain passes.

im contemplating on adding the the remaining 2 front and lower member brace just to complete the set.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can't say I've had rust issues with my 2-3 year old UR bars. Never spent over $200 on a UR bar myself, and that's shipped from Malaysia.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    Just email Ultra Racing and they will give you the closest reseller's information. That's how I found NextGenTuning. They will ship bars just call their shop number or email them. They even have a FB lol

1715 S Missouri Ave #4, Clearwater, FL 33756

nextgentuning.com

(727) 230-3333

https://www.facebook.com/NextGenTuningcom/
    i did gave me info for the Clearwater shop. But i mean im ready bout to drive down cause, ffs it will only be like 3 tanks to fill there and back lol. So for only under $50 to drive down there i think i may just have to go to spring training for the Phillies and get my bars installed lol
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    I definitely feel the difference everyday I drive my car with the rear sway. My wife was the one who took the car to get my bar on and on the way home she said it was 100% better on the highway as before it was all over the place. I have put down a deposit for the front upper brace and lower brace as I do take corners hard.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered my strut tower brace, rear sway bar, Eibach springs and 16inch wheels and tires. I can't wait till the weather breaks so I can have it all installed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

HitShane (02-26-2016)