Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mirage aftermarket rear anti-roll/stabilizer/sway bar, chassis braces! Ultra Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    Have you thought about copying the way of EF civics mount? The middle of the bar mounts to brackets bolted to the rear frame rails with end links on the LCA. That might be easier to fab and avoid attaching to the torsion beam altogether.
    There's not a lot of room back there under the back with the charcoal canister there. Fabbing up more brackets sounds like work. I'm lazy and don't have as much ambition or creativity as Daox does.

Me thinks I'll just go to a wrecker with a tape measure on Saturday (if I remember) and find a bar with less bends to simplify things.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 23204Attachment 23205Attachment 23206

That's as far as I got. I lucked out and grabbed a couple of bars that looked to be the shape I was looking for. They both turned out to be from pretty common turd pails from the mid 90's to early 2000's. I may go back next weekend and try to find a bar that's a little narrower at the tips so it won't hang down so low but I think this might work out if I can figure out some mounting brackets.
    I'm thinking just u-bolt the bar to the bottom of the trailing axle beam. Then bolt a piece of angle iron to the shock mount and extend it to the lower spring perch and have another bolt securing it there(othewise the mount will just flop around with only the one shock bolt holding it).

Last edited by Fummins; 04-11-2022 at 01:50 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-11-2022),MetroMPG (04-11-2022),mohammad (04-11-2022)